BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
https://www.espn.com/womens-college...te-star-guard-talia-von-oelhoffen-commits-usc

USC just added Von Oelhoffen from Oregon State as well. Insane. Not sure how there will be enough ball to go around.
Per Stathead, last season USC's JuJu Watkins had the 8th most FGA of any WBB player going back to 02-03. That's an awful lot of shots that aren't available for teammates to take. I wonder if that changes at all next season -- given her relatively poor shooting percentage (40.1% overall) they might look to her working on higher quality and lower quantity on her shooting.

A few names ahead of her on the list: Clark her senior year (#1), Andrea Riley her senior year (#2), Odyssey Sims her senior year (#3). Clark and Sims were great scorers who were relatively efficient despite the volume. Riley was... Riley.

• Haha
Reactions: wbbnut

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Holy buckets Batman! That’s one loaded team! They need it though. Once I became aware of Juju I started watching them. Felt they were missing some pieces to be a consistently dominant team. Well…they sure have them now.

Juju Watkins will have to adjust her game and not shoot so much. Aneesah Morrow adjusted well for LSU, going from 24 shots a game to 17 and still averaged 22 ppg and improved her shooting percentage by almost 10 percentage points.

Do have to give Morrow credit, don't think I ever heard her name come up among all of the infighting that swirled around Queen Reese. And nothing similar to the Van Lith not being able to make the transition.

Last edited:
Reactions: acoustimac

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Juju Watkins will have to adjust her game and not shoot so much. Aneesah Morrow adjusted well for LSU, going from 24 shots a game to 17 and still averaged 22 ppg and improved her shooting percentage by almost 10 percentage points.

Do have to give Morrow credit, don't think I ever heard her name come up among all of the infighting that swirled around Queen Reese. And nothing similar to the Van Lith not being able to make the transition.
Morrow in 22-23 (pre LSU) is another one of those seven players with more FGA than Watkins.

ChiClone22

Mar 19, 2022
Wow. Very impressive recruiting by Oklahoma and Jennie Baranczyk.

Beers was a third team all American averaging 18 points and 11 rebounds a game. She is one of the top post players in the nation.

Beers is a true post and athleticism and speed are less get game than strength and interior post moves. It will be interesting to see how she fits in the Oklahoma offense (in past years had been pace and space offense) or to see if Jennie adapts her offensive sets to utilized Beers.

(Moving this post to more appropriate thread)

Oklahoma got a commitment from Raegan Beers from Oregon State. Big for them, as UConn was her other finalist.

Not to be confused with Akron's Reagan Bass.