We need something else to get our minds off last night

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
UCF has one of the largest enrollments in the US. If sports are a business, their alumni are a huge pool of potential. They had a reputation as a commuter school with bad sports, but they drummed up massive support with their “national championship”. I think they are s good add, but the need another east coast partner.

Lots of NY, NJ, PA kids go to UCF and generally there are huge populations of transplants from those places in Tampa/St Pete/Orlando corridor. Same kinds of fans. I can understand the stereotype.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I just hope that Texas has to play at Houston. Apparently there is bad blood between the schools for something that happened when they last played at UH.

Think I found the news story on it. Apparently they planned to seat 4500 Texas fans in temporary bleachers, but decided they weren't sturdy enough. Instead of trying to play elsewhere in Houston, they offered to put the game on the screens in the basketball arena.

• Haha
Reactions: nrg4isu

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Think I found the news story on it. Apparently they planned to seat 4500 Texas fans in temporary bleachers, but decided they weren't sturdy enough. Instead of trying to play elsewhere in Houston, they offered to put the game on the screens in the basketball arena.

That’s pretty awesome. We should do that to them if they come here again. Make them watch it from the Forrest.

Reactions: nrg4isu

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
were-not-worthy-waynes-world.gif

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Jefferson Adam commitment was good news.

I highly doubt the schedule makers will tear us away from the Kansas schools. I'd bet BYU will be tied to the other religious schools and we'll be seeing a lot of Cincinnati & West Virginia.
But didn't we already sort of get paired with BYU, protected rival? Or was that article a while back just conjecture?

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
I have a son with a grad degree from UCF. I never got the impression the fans were too passionate. Certainly nothing like BYU. Students could go to games for free and they really never had a problem getting into a not particularly large stadium with an enormous student body. Even the War on I-4, wasn’t like son had any trouble getting in. Maybe they have too many other things to do. Away game there in November might be a good thing, towards the end of hurricane season.

Hurricane! They better not steal our weather warning siren.

• Haha
Reactions: carvers4math

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
UCF isn’t terrible in basketball. They played Houston a bit tighter on the road, beat OK St, lost to MO by 2. More fun when Tacko Fall was there.
They aren't awful but will be the worst team in the Big 12 next year. I don't think Dawkins is a P6 level coach and the conference is so tough that wins are going to be hard to come by

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Gotta plan correctly for Fat a$$ Texas fans!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron