Wendy Wintersteen & Jamie Pollard Address the Fans

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Exactly. The guilty party is always looking for an "amicable" solution. Like my example (govt.)....these "pussies" have the ability to wait us out. Right now we are bringing a whiffle ball bat to the temple. Why.....because unless OU/UT surrender to ISU, the Big 12 for all intensive purposes is a lame duck conference. OU/UT know that. And the longer this goes on......the more it hurts us.....not them. They are certain to have a home in 4 years if not sooner that makes bank......are we? I'm certain JP is going to do what is best for ISU and if holding out and playing "hardball" to force them to pay up is the right move........so be it. But make no mistake, OU/UT can afford it. This is on their terms and their turf. We along with the remaining 8 have very little leverage. The only people who can throw water on this and force them to play it out are the SEC and ESPN. But once again I go back to a lame duck conference. Who wants to play in that?
Correct - the only leverage we have is to force them to live up to the agreement. In the interim, 30 days to two years imo, we look for a soft landing.

Reactions: Statefan10

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
But yet Nebraska was blamed for leaving - because they'd had enough of the Longhorns and their demands. "Boo Huskers - how dare they insult our daddy."
I agree that Nebraska would have been criticized at least somewhat regardless of their culpability because it made Iowa State's position more tenuous. However, there's a reason Nebraska is criticized a lot more than Colorado and it goes back to culpability. Nebraska is a major reason the Big 12 was in the condition it was in when they left. They were completely fine with what Texas was doing as long as they thought it was "Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska and the little nine." When they realized it was really "Texas, Oklahoma, and the little ten" they took their ball and left the problem that they created, and tried to paint themselves as the victim. That's what pisses people off.

edit: changed "regarding" to "regardless of"

Last edited:

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
it’s in The Athletic; I actually am not much of a Staples fan so I don’t feel like googling for the link. But long story short, he thinks the B1G should add the six schools I mentioned
Not a problem. Thx for the info.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Nebraska's academics have been declining against AAU's principles for some time and they were removed by greater than a 2/3 majority vote.
Thx for that. I hope ISU is doing a good job keeping this status; it's a pretty big deal. Here's a couple of links for the current AAU schools:
Association of American Universities - Wikipedia
AAU-Member-List.pdf

AlumfromAmes

Jun 9, 2010
Exactly. The guilty party is always looking for an "amicable" solution. Like my example (govt.)....these "pussies" have the ability to wait us out. Right now we are bringing a whiffle ball bat to the temple. Why.....because unless OU/UT surrender to ISU, the Big 12 for all intensive purposes is a lame duck conference. OU/UT know that. And the longer this goes on......the more it hurts us.....not them. They are certain to have a home in 4 years if not sooner that makes bank......are we? I'm certain JP is going to do what is best for ISU and if holding out and playing "hardball" to force them to pay up is the right move........so be it. But make no mistake, OU/UT can afford it. This is on their terms and their turf. We along with the remaining 8 have very little leverage. The only people who can throw water on this and force them to play it out are the SEC and ESPN. But once again I go back to a lame duck conference. Who wants to play in that?
There might be a certain Senator that could get their attention. Maybe Grassley needs to threaten a look at the books for tax purposes down south at the SEC.

D

Deleted member 51515

This wasn't a talk at a fundraiser, per rally, or a radio interview. It was an important statement on the future of ISU. It had to be slow and concise. That is public speaking 101.

I understand public speaking concepts. The slow teleprompter explanation other posters have commented on does explain what i observed, more so than it being explained as good public speaking.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

giphy.gif

Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
If the B1G does what Andy Staples suggests, taking the four California schools with Oregon and Washington, then the Big 12-Pac-12 merger would look like:

Big 12/Pac-12 West
Washington State
Oregon State
Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado
Utah
Texas Tech

Big 12/Pac-12 East
TCU
Baylor
Oklahoma State
Kansas
Kansas State
Iowa State
West Virginia

For geographic reasons, I would not be opposed to WVU landing an ACC invitation, adding BYU to the mix here, and pushing Texas Tech to the East.
Far from terrible and I like the competitive possibilities here, but I'd guess that's still quite a drop in money for ISU and poor future implications.
I just don't see the BIG doing that, cherry picking those 'best' 6 PAC teams. Just like I don't see SEC cherry picking better teams from around the country. That's just asking for college football to fail.

I could see various combinations of the PAC expanding however. All of them would be very interesting and I think would create a good deal of excitement with college football: 1a) ISU and KU go to BIG; WV goes to ACC. 1b) PAC expands to 16, picks up 4: TxTech, OSU, KSt, TCU (PAC East Division: AZ, AZ St, CO, UT, TxTech, OSU, KSt, TCU)(PAC West Division: SC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, UO, OR St, UW, WA St). 1c) ACC picks up 2: WV, TCU. 1d) ACC picks up 3-4: WV, TCU, Baylor + (Houston, UCF, or ECar).

If ISU doesn't go to BIG, 2a) PAC expands to 18, picks up 6: ISU, KU, TxTech, OSU, KSt, TCU (PAC East Divsion: AZ, AZ St, CO, ISU, KU, TxTech, OSU, KSt, TCU)(PAC West Division: SC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, UT, UO, OR St, UW, WA St).

Or if ISU doesn't go to BIG, 3a) PAC expands to 20, picks up 8: ISU, KU, KSt, OSU, TXTech, TCU, Baylor + (BoiseSt, BYU).

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
The Big Media company’s have to be pushing for the PAC/ACC/B1G to pick apart the Big12 don’t they? That’s one less conference they have to worry about paying/bidding on Tier 1, 2, and 3 rights. They are already going to be pumping more money into these conferences as their contracts expire soon. You’d think they’d want the Big12 split into other conferences by then.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
This is the exact opposite of what i wanted this video to say...but god I hope were not just sitting buy hoping to get lucky on conference realignment. This is not going to take 4 years, at some point they SEC/UT and OKL are going to buy out this contract and its going to be all out mayhem
Don’t the remaining schools have to agree to a buyout? It’s my understanding that a buyout would have to be negotiated. So I’m firmly in the camp of stay together, decline the buyout and make OU and UT stay through the GOR the next 4 years. By that time anything could happen - tortious interference lawsuits, Texas legislature mucking up UT’s move, Clones extending their winning streak vs Texas to 6, Clones winning a couple CCG’s and making the playoffs both times. I think Texas, OU and the SEC won’t know what to do if the remaining 8 schools hold out and throw this back at them.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Big bad Texas always portrayed as the bad guy. Problem is we aren't.
OK, well they will need to prove it then. If Te$as is a part of the downfall of college football, F Texas. If Tx can use its' influence to create equity and balance and continued health for college football, as well as consideration for its' former conference mates, they maybe get a pass from us.

I don't see any of that second part in Te$as nature. You do?

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
Of course you are.

Can anyone name anything UT-A ever did to strengthen the Big 12 in its 25 year history?

Money from TV contracts maybe?? But that might not have strengthened the actual conference… only the members bottom lines.