Wendy Wintersteen & Jamie Pollard Address the Fans

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
My hunch based on nothing but reading the tea leaves is that FOX is getting out of the “game” so it will be up to Disney/ESPN to decide what CFB is going to look like in the future.
I've thought this too. With CBS letting go of the SEC, and NBC content to just hold the Notre Dame property. Disney has the monopoly and will make all the decisions unless one of the tech giants decides to dip their toes in the water.

Reactions: tsirnickesqcy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I've thought this too. With CBS letting go of the SEC, and NBC content to just hold the Notre Dame property. Disney has the monopoly and will make all the decisions unless one of the tech giants decides to dip their toes in the water.
CBS wanted to keep the SEC, they were just heavily outbid by ESPN.
I think you're spot on with the tech giants. Apple will totally get into it.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
The reality is that if neither CBS or Fox have anything, there’s really nothing stopping the nfl from doing Saturday games. And even the SEC can’t compete with the NFL.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The reality is that if neither CBS or Fox have anything, there’s really nothing stopping the nfl from doing Saturday games. And even the SEC can’t compete with the NFL.
Is there any question that the NFL’s ultimate goal is 7 days a week?
Just collective bargaining.
They are basically showing the 17th game in there because of the vast majority of players that make the league don't stay long, so they'll vote for the payday vs the veterans like Rodgers and Brady not wanting anything but Sundays.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Is there any question that the NFL’s ultimate goal is 7 days a week?

I think they do have pause when it comes to showing games on Saturdays. They know at the very least several of their potential viewers have another preferred option. Six days of the week not as much. Jmo