What can we as fans do?

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Sorry to say.... not really anything at this point. ISU fans have done more than enough already over the years IMO.... and it it isn't enough.... then it just isn't enough.

I will still live without football.... it won't be nearly as enjoyable, but I'll manage. If college football just wants to consist of the top 20-30 wealthiest schools.... I don't want to be a part of it anymore anyway.
Well, then I guess there's only one thing left to do...

4CY4EVR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 17, 2010
Give more $$$ , go to games, follow isu on Social mediia.. that’s it…

Reactions: AlaCyclone

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Download the FOX Sports app: go to Sport & Teams and select NCAA FB and select ISU to follow them. Then, do the same for ISU in NCAA BK.

The NBC Sports app does appear to allow you to follow specific teams not named ND. However, some please correct me if I am wrong.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Building off of what Jamie said: fill JTS and HC. So donate to the Cyclone Club, buy FB season tickets and/or single game tickets. If anything left, buy MBB tickets. Thinking ahead to streaming services and outside forces measuring a fanbase, how do we move the needle?

- follow the various ISU social media accounts on FB, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- add ESPN, FOX, CBS and NBC sports apps; and follow ISU (specifically FB and MBB) on each app
- I have Cyclone.tv and ESPN+; is there a way to follow ISU on the ESPN+ app?

What else can we do to lift our profile in a way that is marketable?

Why not just get rid of everything ESPN? Why would you continue to consume their product. Switching your preferred team?…oh that’ll show’em

• Informative
Reactions: StPaulCyclone

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
Sorry to say.... not really anything at this point. ISU fans have done more than enough already over the years IMO.... and it it isn't enough.... then it just isn't enough.

I will still live without football.... it won't be nearly as enjoyable, but I'll manage. If college football just wants to consist of the top 20-30 wealthiest schools.... I don't want to be a part of it anymore anyway.
Oh FFS. What is with the fatalist talk?

Even if Iowa State fell to the AAC, you would still watch. You’ll maybe miss a game or two, but then would come crawling back to it. Iowa State is not going to vanish from the map. They will play college football.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Oh FFS. What is with the fatalist talk?

Even if Iowa State fell to the AAC, you would still watch. You’ll maybe miss a game or two, but then would come crawling back to it. Iowa State is not going to vanish from the map. They will play college football.

Crawling back??

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Buy officially licensed ISU merchandise, lots of it, and give it as gifts.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Be a fan!

Join the Cyclone Club! Go to Games! Watch Games! Listen to Games on the radio! Wear you Cyclones Gear! Besides that, nothing we can do about the bean counting. Personally, I'm just not going to worry about it. I've loved Iowa State since the day I stepped on Campus for the first time. If they schedule games, I'm going!

Let's Go State!

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

Cy94

Nov 11, 2011
Promote ISU on social media with big ten fans. Game day experience and tailgating at trice. Hilton Magic. Fans showing up at bowl games and KC.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Buy officially licensed ISU merchandise, lots of it, and give it as gifts.
I was just thinking, if we end up getting desperate we should just start sending merch to anyone with a following. Could be an effective little campaign. Maybe even create a hashtag. I don’t think we are at this point just yet but maybe at someday.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Following our current players, as well as commits on social media. This will immediately help with their NIL prospects, especially Instagram, YouTube, etc.. This will help with player retention and recruiting, by supporting their NIL opportunities.