• Keep Prohm as coach and let him finish his contract

• Fire Prohm as head coach immediately and pay buyout

• Fire Prohm at end of season and pay buyout

Results are only viewable after voting.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Roch.......you and I have had our go arounds, and I think maybe it's time for Steve to go. But you posting this to pump T.J. is like me trying to convince everyone how good Wayne Morgan is because he beat Bill Self.......in Lawrence. Heck even Prohm beat Self in Lawrence. So no matter who wins tonight.......if Steve is going....give me Craig Smith 6 days a week and twice on Sunday over T.J.
I don’t have a preference of Smith over T.J. Or vice versa. I posted it because people seem to believe that UNLV’s start in an indictment on T.J. It’s not. It’s the way the schedule broke.
At the end of the day the best squad in the MWC is probably Colorado State and San Diego State. T.J., Medved or Smith would all be an improvement.

Reactions: Land Shark

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I understand. And Wayne outcoached Bill.........twice......in Lawrence. Does that mean you take Wayne or Bill?
I guess my point was there is a weird anti TJ group. I don’t know if you are a part of that.

At the start of the year I wanted TJ. I had paused on that a little due to their start but they look to be back on track. If they finish the year strong I’m all in on TJ.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Looking at our remaining schedule the only possible win I see is maybe beating TCU at home. We will not beat WV at home, Nor KU, OU or UT.
If we go winless in the conference, virus or not, we have to get rid of the guy, heck if we win less than a couple of games I would be saying the same thing.
6 years is plenty of time, to see that this is just not going to work out with him, and its time to cut bait and find someone else before he buries us further in the hole he is digging for the program.

Reactions: Lewey24

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I think Craig Smith is a more proven coach than TJ at this point. I think TJ could recruit well to Ames and knows what it takes to win here. Either of them would be a fine choice as the next head coach.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I guess my point was there is a weird anti TJ group. I don’t know if you are a part of that.

At the start of the year I wanted TJ. I had paused on that a little due to their start but they look to be back on track. If they finish the year strong I’m all in on TJ.
It’s a weird little cult that is anti anything attached to 2011-15. You know the most consistent five year run in the program’s history.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Again, that ship sailed two years ago. Everyone knows if Prohm sticks around somehow, he’s gonna be a lame duck going into next year. No one credible will want to come be on his staff.

We brought in nick nurse when it was pretty obvious McDermott was a lame duck. Worked out pretty well for him too, made about $175k for 4 days as an ISU employee.

Tom Buch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
What worries me is that many are on the bandwagon to ride Steve out on a rail, but seriously, I haven’t seen anyone recommended as a replacement that has a pre-ISU resume better. Or a big name coach we can afford. So . . . Are we wasting keystrokes here?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It’s a weird little cult that is anti anything attached to 2011-15. You know the most consistent five year run in the program’s history.

I doubt there are many anti 2011-2015.

At the same time, there are some that might be overly attached to TJ because they wanted him in 2015. In 2015 he had the selling point that he would have been the 'keep things consistent by keeping an existing coach' hire. That isnt as much of a selling point now that everything from that era is gone.

He still has some positives in that he knows what its like here, what works here, etc. But lets be honest, without the stint at ISU would he even be considered for a job here with his current resume?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I haven’t seen anyone recommended as a replacement that has a pre-ISU resume better.

The next coach doesnt necessarily have to be "pre-isu better" than prohm. That's irrelevant. There are enough things different from coaching at the lower levels that every time you make a hire you're rolling the dice. You try a coach, ride with that coach for 4-5 years, and if it doesnt work, you roll the dice again. What's clear is that prohm isn't working. So its time to re-roll.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
The next coach doesnt necessarily have to be "pre-isu better" than prohm. That's irrelevant. There are enough things different from coaching at the lower levels that every time you make a hire you're rolling the dice. You try a coach, ride with that coach for 4-5 years, and if it doesnt work, you roll the dice again. What's clear is that prohm isn't working. So its time to re-roll.
Exactly. Even the programs that are terrible for years upon years are switching coaches constantly. Look at kansas football for example.

Sports is about selling entertainment. A coach whose only hope is maybe someday figuring out is not entertaining to people. A new coaxh doing just as poorly as the old coach is still new and unkown and exciting.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
What worries me is that many are on the bandwagon to ride Steve out on a rail, but seriously, I haven’t seen anyone recommended as a replacement that has a pre-ISU resume better. Or a big name coach we can afford. So . . . Are we wasting keystrokes here?

You are wasting keystrokes trying to defend a coach that’s 18-42 in the Big 12 with his own players.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
And likely just as important for Smith to bring in an ace recruiter.

That’s the good thing about TJ. Hes already proven he’s an ace recruiter here and it’s probably easier to find a good Xs and Os assistant than one who can recruit talent here.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

We've answered this question 50 times in this thread. Please stop. We're probably wasting keystrokes because there is no way WSU's AD can sell Prohm to that fanbase. It'd be active revolt. He'll be here next year.

Tom Buch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
The problem with this approach is you never get an experienced coach able to deal with the coaches in the Big 12