When does 2023 Conference Schedule come out?

BearcatsUc

Sep 9, 2021
Cincinnati
Only one game in October, which is prime tailgating season. Might have to make the trip to one of the Ohio games.

Ohio U is fairly remote. Fly into Columbus and drive 1.25 hours to Athens, where you will constantly be reminded that it’s Joe Burrows’ hometown. You go from flat to Appalachia fairly quickly.

Cincinnati’s Nippert only seats 38,000, but will cram 40k in if they have to. Nippert has its flaws but it’s a great place to watch a football game. There is no surface parking around the stadium because academic buildings completely surround it. The student union’s back door is 30 feet from the stadium.

UC football has a lot of unknowns this year, so many of us are setting the bar low. Despite that, the ISU game *should* be a tough ticket. It will be nice to have teams that travel well. Even Indiana this past season was a bust - and the area has a ton of IU grads.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Ohio U is fairly remote. Fly into Columbus and drive 1.25 hours to Athens, where you will constantly be reminded that it’s Joe Burrows’ hometown. You go from flat to Appalachia fairly quickly.

Cincinnati’s Nippert only seats 38,000, but will cram 40k in if they have to. Nippert has its flaws but it’s a great place to watch a football game. There is no surface parking around the stadium because academic buildings completely surround it. The student union’s back door is 30 feet from the stadium.

UC football has a lot of unknowns this year, so many of us are setting the bar low. Despite that, the ISU game *should* be a tough ticket. It will be nice to have teams that travel well. Even Indiana this past season was a bust - and the area has a ton of IU grads.
Don’t those Ohio people know Joe Burrow was born in Mary Greeley Medical Center and spent his early childhood years in Ames?

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018

Thanks for the info. I’m thinking of going to Cincinnati to see the game and then a side trip to Dayton to enjoy the USAF museum.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
How in the hell did they come up with this schedule? Just drawing out of a hat would have been better than this.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
It has happened in Big 12, but uncertain how often & how recently without doing extended research.

Most-recent occurrence for Iowa State was 1997 - opened vs. Oklahoma State
I was at that game. Big bummer of a season opening loss!

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Blows to only get 4 home games in conf but I agree. Two road trips to the newbies isn't fun but gotta start somewhere with those two. The cincy matchup could get spicy af.
I'm looking forward to @ Cincinnati!

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
I was curious how the relative schedules ranked based on the 2022 final Sagarin rankings. I averaged the 2022 Sagarin ranking for each team on a school's schedule. This is how the schedules stacked up. (The average ranking for all of the current teams from 2022 was 36.7. The range of possibilities would have been 25.2 to 49.3)

1​
Houston
30.1​
2​
ISU
31.1​
3​
BYU
32.7​
4​
TCU
33.8​
5​
KU
34.3​
6​
Bay
34.4​
7​
TEX
34.7​
8​
KSU
36.1​
9​
UCF
37.4​
10​
TT
38.0​
11​
WV
38.7​
12​
OU
41.1​
13​
OSU
45.3​
14​
CIN
46.2​

It is interesting that OSU has the bottom 7 teams from the 2022 season. ISU and Houston play 6 of the top 7.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron