Will the other leagues stick it to OU & UT

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
By refusing to expand the CFP? I hate the ending to CFP with a 4 team playoff that is essentially a political, beauty pageant for picking teams. Then followed up by post-season exhibition games. The whole process is horrible. But I detest the idea of trying to pay 40-48 teams a revenue 2X or more than leftover conferences to create a two tiered system in CFB even more.

I'm not sure I will care to watch a national game in the future in CFB anyway, the way it is becoming rigged. These teams already had all of the advantages with respect to brand and recruiting previously, now they have to tilt the scales even further in their favor. I tend to think this will really reduce the overall pie in CFB and not expand it.

Does limiting the playoff to 4 teams for the future give OU & UT a diminished brand with very few playoff appearances when they could have essentially cashed the same check in the Big 12 with unequal revenue sharing?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
By refusing to expand the CFP? I hate the ending to CFP with a 4 team playoff that is essentially a political, beauty pageant for picking teams. Then followed up by post-season exhibition games. The whole process is horrible. But I detest the idea of trying to pay 40-48 teams a revenue 2X or more than leftover conferences to create a two tiered system in CFB even more.

I'm not sure I will care to watch a national game in the future in CFB anyway, the way it is becoming rigged. These teams already had all of the advantages with respect to brand and recruiting previously, now they have to tilt the scales even further in their favor. I tend to think this will really reduce the overall pie in CFB and not expand it.

Does limiting the playoff to 4 teams for the future give OU & UT a diminished brand with very few playoff appearances when they could have essentially cashed the same check in the Big 12 with unequal revenue sharing?
When Ohio State got in over TCU and Baylor during that first CFP, everybody knew the fix was on. It is true that Ohio State won the whole thing. That doesn't mean that it's not true that they didn't deserve to be there in the first place.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron