SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
again... OWH beats out the RAG.

-keep.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
How hard is it for a local paper to write a decent article about a local sports team? The OWH has the best coverage of Iowa State football in the midwest. Terrible.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Its encoutraging to hear things like the staff geting back to basics with the players. fundamentals goes a long way in football. I really wish kansas had to play last saturday.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'm just glad it's freshmen and sophomores making young mistakes. If it were juniors and seniors, it might be more of a cause for concern.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
A little off subject here, but does anyone listen to Gene and Kirk on the Big XII and Little Televen coaches teleconferences? They play them at the end of the show on Tuesdays on Moron & Miller so they can cut out early. Anyways, the guy who announces the people asking questions on the Little Televen teleconferences always says "Ohama World Herald". The first time I heard it he kind of stammered over it like it was misprinted on his sheet and he wasn't sure it was right, but ever since then he just smoothly says "Ohama World Herald". Kind of funny.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I think our biggest problem is our size at DT. We really miss the push up the middle we got used to over the last couple of years. This results in less QB pressure, and also running backs are getting to the second and third level with a full head of steam. That makes a huge difference, which shows up as missed tackles, and extra yards after contact for the offense. It also results in more converted 3rd downs.This is what is keeping our defense on the field so much. I hope that we have a couple monsters ready to play for us next year, because man do we need them.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
How hard is it for a local paper to write a decent article about a local sports team? The OWH has the best coverage of Iowa State football in the midwest. Terrible.

The Cedar Rapids paper and Quad City paper do better covering the Clones than the Reg.

In the OWH's market the Cyclones are probably the number 2 team.

Last edited:

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
If only there was a major paper in central Iowa that could cover the Cyclones...

Seriously, though. Why can't ISU get a decent, genuine, legitimate advocate in the local media, and especially on radio? Deace was a Michigan guy that humored us for ratings, but I thought did as good a job as anyone at covering us in spite of it.

Jon, I love ya, but you're a Hawk and - though you give ISU as fair a shake as anyone- you're still what you are.

The Register is mostly abysmal, even when they do give us a nod here or there. I don't know that it's the volume of coverage, or just the style, but I seldom take anything from Rag articles about ISU that I can't glean from the AP game summaries. Then they toss in a few half-assed, poorly researched opinions and call it coverage.

Then we had ********.

It's just a never-ending cavalcade of half-hearted attempts to cover ISU sports by disinterested, or disingenuous people who seem to do it poorly either out of some sort of twisted duty, or in an attempt to tap an obviously underserved market.

I'm not asking for much, I don't think.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
If only there was a major paper in central Iowa that could cover the Cyclones...

Seriously, though. Why can't ISU get a decent, genuine, legitimate advocate in the local media, and especially on radio? Deace was a Michigan guy that humored us for ratings, but I thought did as good a job as anyone at covering us in spite of it.

Jon, I love ya, but you're a Hawk and - though you give ISU as fair a shake as anyone- you're still what you are.

The Register is mostly abysmal, even when they do give us a nod here or there. I don't know that it's the volume of coverage, or just the style, but I seldom take anything from Rag articles about ISU that I can't glean from the AP game summaries. Then they toss in a few half-assed, poorly researched opinions and call it coverage.

Then we had ********.

It's just a never-ending cavalcade of half-hearted attempts to cover ISU sports by disinterested, or disingenuous people who seem to do it poorly either out of some sort of twisted duty, or in an attempt to tap an obviously underserved market.

I'm not asking for much, I don't think.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks that way. I feel if Iowa goes 2-10 and ISU goes 10-2 and to a BCS game, Iowa's season would still be talked about more.