Buffalo Wild Wings Coming to Ames?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
It would be nice to have another Sport's Bar of any kind in Campus Town. I like Welch Av. Station and all, but their no debit/credit card policy has really started to **** me off.

Tell me about it! Welch Avenue need to pull their heads out of their ***** and get with the 21st century.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Ames is so far behind every other college town for bars and eating joints. It would be nice to see someone invest in Ames. I would like to see it like main st. in Cedar Falls.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
What I have noticed about Ames is that there are a certian number of people that are completely against growth and nice things.
People still want Carr Pool still as the Ames Pool.
They should have built that new mall and found a way to stick a Kohls, the Best Buy and the business from the old, plus a ton more into it. It would have gotten a lot of Interstate traffic (Coralville)
How Ames or Ankeny doesn't have an Olive garden is beyond me. It would be extremely busy.
I don't have enough time to list anymore....

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
Wings from anywhere are likely to give most people "fire dumps". It's part of the fun in eating hot wings. It's like a little game the next day.

My game consists of going to different floors at work and using bathrooms that I haven't been in before. This way, nobody knows me and then they have to deal with the stench the rest of the day. The only negative is when I run into people coming out of the bathroom and then see them in the parking lot when I leave for the day. Their looks are disapproving and angry.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Ames is so far behind every other college town for bars and eating joints. It would be nice to see someone invest in Ames. I would like to see it like main st. in Cedar Falls.

If you lowered the Bar entry age to 19 then you would have Freshmen and sophmores in Campustown. You would easily double your Bars IMO.
I would look for Cedar Falls and Iowa City to bring the age back to 21 sooner or later. (maybe more later than sooner though) There is just too many problems with underage drinking.
But that would mean a lot of bars in those towns would die.

egami

May 19, 2009
iowa
On a scale from 1 to 10 I rate BWW's on about 5. It's okay, but nothing special.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN

Ames isn't that bad if you look at its population compared to other schools (using the Big 12 as an example):

Austin, TX - 757,688
Lincoln, NB - 225,581
Lubbock, TX - 199,564
Waco, TX - 122,222
Norman, OK - 102,827
Columbia, MO - 100,733
Boulder, CO - 91,685
Lawrence, KS - 90,520
College Station - 86,000
Manhattan, KS - 51,707
Ames, IA - 50,731
Stillwater, OK - 47,653

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
My game consists of going to different floors at work and using bathrooms that I haven't been in before. This way, nobody knows me and then they have to deal with the stench the rest of the day. The only negative is when I run into people coming out of the bathroom and then see them in the parking lot when I leave for the day. Their looks are disapproving and angry.

I don't have the luxury of working in a big building with MANY bathrooms. People at my workplace feel my wrath, and know it is me. :notworthy:

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Good food, not so sure, I'd rather have a locally owned place... It will be great when they take your money to buy more advertising on the Big 10 Network though..

Agreed. A lot of local joints have much better food than chains simply because they have to in order to stay in business.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Ames needs to do something to bring some life to that town. Columbia would be great town to follow it has great restaurants and bars. My wife went to Mizzo and we lived in Ames for 6 months and she hated it.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Simply put, BWW would stagnate in campustown. yes, it would probably draw college kids, but it would ensure that the rest of the Ames population did not go there, and restuarants like BWW need more business than the ISU students could provide. Look at Legends. It is slowly dying because of it's location. If Legends were on South Duff, it would be doing much, much better. My wife loves Legends. It is one of her favorite restaurants. But we have gone to the Ames location exactly 3 times in the time it has been in Ames. It's just not worth the trip.