"Classy" Nebraska fans boo own team

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Really?? Did his performance deserve the entire student section to stand up and cheer? Certainly not!

I can handle the miss from 50 yards, wasn't upset with that, but then the first one in that 35-40 yard range was tough to swallow, and then the final one he missed :no:. It showed me that he obviously did not come to the stadium ready to play.

Yeah, that pansy. He was probably listening to LOL Smily Face the entire day while dreaming of rainbows and rabbits.

Booing will surely set him straight.

:skeptical:

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
Not thrilled with the booing of Mahoney. It is fortunate that this game his misses didn't cost us though. The last couple of games might be a little different if we had succeeded on all those misses.

I wonder if it just coming down to rhythm and routine with the special teams units, it appears to me there has been a little hesitation on his part when approaching the ball as it is getting placed on some kicks.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Just goes to show that every fanbase is the same as any other for the most part.

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
Yeah, that pansy. He was probably listening to LOL Smily Face the entire day while dreaming of rainbows and rabbits.

Booing will surely set him straight.

:skeptical:

So I should stand up and cheer when his performance certainly didn't warrant that?? Man how I LOVE Cheering for missed fieldgoals! Yippie :dull:

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
Yep heard it over the radio. Morons.
I have been at every game this year and the students have been awesome. With the past two games performance they probably did boo. Is it right? Probably not but they are booing their own. As a former athlete/alum/season ticket holder I am very disappointed in our kicking game right now. How do I/we show our disapproval? Do we stop buying tickets? NO. Do we sit on our hands and do nothing? NO. How do you propose we show our disapproval at that moment?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
So I should stand up and cheer when his performance certainly didn't warrant that?? Man how I LOVE Cheering for missed fieldgoals! Yippie :dull:

Yup. That's exactly what I said.

You are certainly a leader in reading & comprehension. Gold star!

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
I have been at every game this year and the students have been awesome. With the past two games performance they probably did boo. Is it right? Probably not but they are booing their own. As a former athlete/alum/season ticket holder I am very disappointed in our kicking game right now. How do I/we show our disapproval? Do we stop buying tickets? NO. Do we sit on our hands and do nothing? NO. How do you propose we show our disapproval at that moment?

Why do fans feel the need to show disapproval at all? It's not like Grant didn't know he missed those kicks until the fans booed him.

Reactions: Angie and Gordyo5

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
Why do fans feel the need to show disapproval at all? It's not like Grant didn't know he missed those kicks until the fans booed him.

So why should we cheer when Grant makes his kicks? It's not like he did not know that he made them until the fans cheered him.:jimlad::mask:

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
Yup. That's exactly what I said.

You are certainly a leader in reading & comprehension. Gold star!

I never directly quoted you in anything, ur the one trying to be a smart ***, so if you have something to say about my comment, rather than being sarcastic, just say it. I was simply stating my opinion, then replying to your sarcastic post.

Why do you think you have to either cheer or boo? You could just be quiet.
It's just somethin within me, I can't just sit there and be quiet. I love football and the cyclones, and I feel that when someone does something terrible on the playing field they should hear that the fans don't like it. Same goes for when they make a good play, I'll cheer my *** off for effort, hustle, and good play!:wink: