ISU vs. Texas predictions

C

Cyclone42

I agree -- there's nothing to lose, so why not play Grinnell-style? If we're going to lose by 30, may as well make the final score 150-120.

I agree. Floyd actually tried something like that in Fizer's freshman year, and it was against Texas in Hilton. His young players (like Fizer) were having trouble adapting to his defense-first style, so he experimented with loosing the reigns and letting them play up-tempo, and they played pretty well. Still lost, but it was a closer game. No way McDermott does this, though. We'll get waxed by 30.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I predict that ther will be a basketball game tomorrow night, I will attend, and I will eat two clone cones. That will be the highlight of the evening, unless a lady falls going up the stairs again and gets nacho cheese in her hair because then that would be the highlight of the evening.

Sorry, your prediction is wrong. :wink:

My prediction:

55608.jpg

I'll leave it up to you the viewer to decide who is who...

CyFan987

Jan 8, 2008
Waco, TX
i see us getting beat pretty bad... that being said if a good majority of our players have a good or at least decent game we have a shot (I'm tired of every time someone has a great game everyone else sucks, see Brackins x50, Boozer, and Staiger)
But I don't see them doing it
Texas 90
Iowa State 72

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Final outcome should be similar to the Duke game. If ISU can somehow learn to rebound by Wednesday night, it could be much closer.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I predict the only way ISU will win is if they are up by at least 10 with 2 minutes left. Anything less and they will lose.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Ill also be shocked if the rebounding differential is less than 15.

Well, Texas has a better than 10 rebound differential now over the teams they play, so this is probably about right. They average 15 offensive rebounds a game. They may get 20 on ISU.

They are averaging 88 points a game, and giving up 63. Yikes!

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Well, Texas has a better than 10 rebound differential now over the teams they play, so this is probably about right. They average 15 offensive rebounds a game. They may get 20 on ISU.

Yeah, but that differential will start to drop now that they are in conference play. However, I promise you it increases after Wednesday night.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Making it a track meet is a horrible idea. They play 10 guys and are more athletic at every position. Have to slow it down, shorten the game, run only when it is there. If we run with these guys we will get beat by 50. Lot better chance to win if you can hold them to 60 or 70 points, that is the only hope.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Are we really crying because we're going to lose to the best team in the nation?

I have seen this response to other posts in other threads. I really don't think we are "crying" because we are going to get beat Texas. The problem is this team is not playing well. They are out rebounded. Their defense and lack of hustle are disappointing because you can always do that no matter if you are making shots or not. That is what people are "crying" about. Unless they play 180 degrees from where they have been playing, this game will be over mid 1st half. That is the problem. We are looking for some FIGHT in these guys. It is hard to get excited about your team when they aren't excited about it themselves.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Great opportunity for McDermott and the players. Greg can turn around his career and this program in one night with a win.

Let's do it. A blowout loss here will be pretty detrimental.

CycloneJoe

Jan 12, 2009
Carson City
I predict pain

Iowa vs Texas on neutral court was tied at half

We will be ahead the whole game and lose in the last minute

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
I give us a shot in this one...I think assuming everybody is healthy and ready to go (except Colvin obviously) that we'll play inspired and I like how we match up with Texas a lot better than Kansas...we need to pull a big upset somewhere, why not Wednesday :yes:

ISU 76
Texas 73