***Iowa State vs. Green Bay NCAA Tournament Game Thread***

Row55

Feb 21, 2009
GB has been a consistently tough program for years. Gotta love their energy, but very busy hands, too much reaching/slapping/shoving.

Should have been an intentional foul at the end, gutless officiating not to call that.

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
I expect Iowa State to beat UConn.

I hope the team thinks this too. That's the only way it could ever happen.

As far as I'm concerned, I just want to see us lay it all out there and play like we expect to win. When UConn goes on a roll, don't wilt, just keep playing our game and playing tough.

If we had trouble getting shots off against GB, we'll really struggle against UConn. Hopefully the 3s will be falling.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Lacey was exhausted and Bolte couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, yet we found a way to win.

Yup, Lacey looked really tired and I am not surprised. You don't come back from being as sick as she was and have it not impact your game. You could tell in her shots tonight and on Sunday.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
If there is a team that can beat UConn, its the sisters. ISU was the only team all year to slow down NU and they did it twice... once without Aus. Slow the game down and take away their athletes.

NYCy

Feb 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
We will beat UConn. We will be the school to end their streak. It will be deja vu 1999. I have the faith. Fennelly is the greatest coach. Look at the rabbit he pulled out of his hat tonight. I do not doubt BF or this team.

MadBr

Jan 12, 2009
I wonder what the recruits are thinking watching us hit the Sweet Sixteen? I bet they are wishing they were already here!

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
I simply love this team - they are simply doing things they are not suppose to do!
Projected to take what?.... 7th in the Big12. Probably would have taken the big12 had NU not been such a monster this year....
Now Sweet16 back-to-back
Scrappy wins when we've been down the entire game

WHY NOT! Bring on UCONN! Somebody's gotta knock them off someday!
GO GET IT SISTERS!!