***Iowa State vs. Green Bay NCAA Tournament Game Thread***

agardini

Nov 12, 2009
GO Cyclones.. Was a scary game to watch, but the women pulled it off. UConn going down....

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Really? No **** Sherlock

Play like this against UConn, we lose by 60.

Oh well, I'm glad that the seniors could go out as winners at Hilton. Very proud of all of them.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
I don't normally do this, but.....
CONGRATS to GB on an amazing year and for really playing the better game today! Easy to see why you won your conference so many times now!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
We play our best game and we maybe lose by 25. UConn is going to have to be looking past us in order for us to have any chance - and knowing what we did to them in 1999, Geno's not going to allow that...

UConn can look past Stanford even at this point. However, miracles happen.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Poppens saved that game. Came in and got 2 huge rebounds, a big loose ball, a lay up, and took a charge that probably won the game. ISU was getting dominated before she came back into the game.

Survive and advance. Anything can happen against UConn.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Play like this against UConn, we lose by 60.

At least.

I think 5 days without a game will do wonders for Lacey, though. Bolte had plenty of open looks and nothing was falling, a rare occasion this season. I'm very impressed that she never stopped putting them up, which is what she would have done last season or earlier this year.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Poppens saved that game. Came in and got 2 huge rebounds, a big loose ball, a lay up, and took a charge that probably won the game. ISU was getting dominated before she came back into the game.

Amen about Poppens. She played strong when we needed it the most.

And yes UCONN should destroy us, but it's still a game where anything can happen. We'll need to catch absolute fire but at least we get that opportunity. That steak of wins can't last forever!

MadBr

Jan 12, 2009
I think that we got our bad game out of the way. I am sure that we will fight hard. I hope that we can make some 3s or it will be a blow out. We did look very tired. We knew BF was very worried about this one. I know Bill won't give up the next game just because it is UConn. Think how much press we are going to get on this one.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
I don't care what we lose by, or if we can toughen up, win. Allison gets to rest, get a game plan, let these players know what it takes to win at the level we want to aspire to. That's it. Great experience regardless. Go 'Clones.

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA

Her foul trouble is probably part of the reason the game was so close. She is the most intense player on our team, and she brings the fight for this team.

I thought Schroll did a really good job tonight too. Her defense has gotten a lot better, and her drives to the hoop in the first half kept us in the game.

Also, Lacey is definitely not 100%.