Update from Pollard/Geoffroy

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
Get in front of the camera and stop hiding behind emails

For what? There is nothing to say here other than "Yep, we know the Big 12 is dying and we are working to help ISU". Getting in front of the camera does nothing but make us (ISU) look stupid, desperate, and ill prepared.

I think it tells you everything you didn't want to know.

Like what? I didn't see anything in there that was anything other than what we know. Big 12 = dead? Yep. Nebraska and CU leaving? Yep. ISU in a tough spot? Yep. Are we trying to work our way out of it but not 100% what will transpire? Yep. Nothing new...

According to KXNO, there will be no impacts on the institution :realmad::realmad::realmad:

KXNO can say that, doesn't make it true. They can also say they **** gold, but I am not digging through it to find out.

Make no mistake about it; we are in a tough spot and Pollard and Geoffroy are trying their best to get us out. We literally have no leverage here and EVERYONE knows it. All-in-all, there isn't anyone else I would rather have working on our behave than Pollard so I trust he is steering us right.:smile:

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Boise St is going to the WACfrom the MWC. Is there more room there if need be.
Going east is out of the question. Can the Big 12 keep going?
I don't think the Big 10 goes to 16 teams now. If they do ND is out of the question unless somebody gets kicked out.12 now and maybe 14, but not 16, unless ND moves in.
GO STATE

How is going east out of the question?

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
For what? There is nothing to say here other than "Yep, we know the Big 12 is dying and we are working to help ISU". Getting in front of the camera does nothing but make us (ISU) look stupid, desperate, and ill prepared.

Like what? I didn't see anything in there that was anything other than what we know. Big 12 = dead? Yep. Nebraska and CU leaving? Yep. ISU in a tough spot? Yep. Are we trying to work our way out of it but not 100% what will transpire? Yep. Nothing new...

KXNO can say that, doesn't make it true. They can also say they **** gold, but I am not digging through it to find out.

Make no mistake about it; we are in a tough spot and Pollard and Geoffroy are trying their best to get us out. We literally have no leverage here and EVERYONE knows it. All-in-all, there isn't anyone else I would rather have working on our behave than Pollard so I trust he is steering us right.:smile:

I agree with you. I'm mad that Miller and Deace think everything will be fine and Perrault, despite his giggles actually understands that ISU is in deep ****. But, I believe in JP and GG to get us something.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

Don't agree. When our biggest conference football rival just flies the coop, and talk is rampant that next week will see Big 12 destruction, there's nothing wrong with putting up a podium and calling a presser. Just read the damn email if need be.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Over the next several days, the presidents and directors of athletics of the Big 12 member institutions will be discussing options and potential initiatives that we may take in order to move forward in light of the Colorado and Nebraska decisions. Be assured, these meetings are not some highbrow, graduate seminars, rather they will help us determine whose *** to kick!

Fixed it for you Greg and Jamie.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Don't agree. When our biggest conference football rival just flies the coop, and talk is rampant that next week will see Big 12 destruction, there's nothing wrong with putting up a podium and calling a presser. Just read the damn email if need be.

There's nothing wrong with it but there's still no logical reason for it.

Lastplace

Oct 23, 2006
If you haven't noticed the Big 12 has a hard time getting on TV...just ask Nebraska. :biglaugh:

To be serious, that email is about all they have to say right now. Does that really require a TV statement?

I watched the Nebraska press conference and there is something assuring about watching someone tell their side of the story in front of a camera and not just sending out a blanket email to thousands of people.

BTW - everything that the Nebraska guy said is 100% correct. They see the writing on the wall. They are acting. Thinking that Texas is just going to have a meeting next week to sit around a fire and decide who to add to the North so they can continue their domination is completely messed up. Nebraska said it themselves "We did not start this discussion, Colorado did by leaving the Big 12"

What should Iowa State's response be? Should they send a email saying how great they are in academics and the directors cup, and then throw in something about how money and TV contracts are the driving force? Or should they work their ***** off on finding another conference like Nebraska has done? I would say Pollard and Geof need to get their **** together and find us a new conference.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX

I'm curious if they are both in town (Ames). If UT and friends are supposedly announcing departure next Tuesday, It seems that they might have a need to conduct a little bit of face-to-face business this weekend.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
sending an email reaches everyone instantly and takes 5 minutes to write. why bother with a stupid press conference for local media. we have zero leverage in the realignment game - there's not much we can say.

i think the ISU communication has been fine - don't deal with hypotheticals but comment when actual events occur. that's all they can do.

Reactions: rhillary

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I watched the Nebraska press conference and there is something assuring about watching someone tell their side of the story in front of a camera and not just sending out a blanket email to thousands of people.

BTW - everything that the Nebraska guy said is 100% correct. They see the writing on the wall. They are acting. Thinking that Texas is just going to have a meeting next week to sit around a fire and decide who to add to the North so they can continue their domination is completely messed up. Nebraska said it themselves "We did not start this discussion, Colorado did by leaving the Big 12"

What should Iowa State's response be? Should they send a email saying how great they are in academics and the directors cup, and then throw in something about how money and TV contracts are the driving force? Or should they work their ***** off on finding another conference like Nebraska has done? I would say Pollard and Geof need to get their **** together and find us a new conference.

I'm sure they're just sitting back and sipping on iced tea right about now. Are you seriously questioning if they're working their butts off for us right now?

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I'm curious if they are both in town (Ames). If UT and friends are supposedly announcing departure next Tuesday, It seems that they might have a need to conduct a little bit of face-to-face business this weekend.

Isn't Pollard playing golf with other coaches at the ISU Lettermen's Club golf outing today? I'll try and confirm.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Boise St is going to the WACfrom the MWC. Is there more room there if need be.
Going east is out of the question. Can the Big 12 keep going?
I don't think the Big 10 goes to 16 teams now. If they do ND is out of the question unless somebody gets kicked out.12 now and maybe 14, but not 16, unless ND moves in.
GO STATE

My bad, on Boise St's site they ARE not going to the MWC from the WAC. The MWC wants to see what happens in the Big 12 and others first. It said the MWC
, where Utah and BYU are at has 9 teams, they might look at 3-5-7 teams.Could this be where we might head??
2-4-6 since Boise is #10.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
That's about it, then. No options. Nowhere to go. Not even a sniff of a future (officially). I can't live off of rumors anymore.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Actually in this situation I wish we had an older experienced a.d. that had established longterm friendships and working relationships with other a.d.s in the conference and around the country.

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006

So because they aren't in front of a TV camera you are inferring that our president and AD aren't doing everything they can? What does one have to do with the other? Your insinuation is insane and 100% false.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006

I know you're not talking about Nebraska.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Isn't Pollard playing golf with other coaches at the ISU Lettermen's Club golf outing today? I'll try and confirm.

I heard a rumor that pollard has this small, wireless device that allows someone to make phone calls and send/receive emails. sometimes you can even access the internet too! its pretty cool because you don't have to stay in the office to get work done.

Help Support Us

Become a patron