Texas to stay...according to new Orangebloods

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Well go ahead and enjoy being a part of the "Texas and the other 9 Conference" then.

Until ISU gets an offer from the Big 10 (not likely) or other BCS conference, we will.

ISU has to do whats best for ISU. It sucks that Texas has more power, but the opportunity cost for standing up to them are too great. If, in the process, we double our TV revenue, I am happy with it.

Get back on your high horse and p!$$ off.

The next step for the Big12 is to figure out what to do about expanding to at least 12 if not 16 teams. The superconference seems to be the future of college football and we can't get pushed out again. The conference needs to be strong enough to keep the Pac16, Big10+6 and the SEC at bay.

ontheverge

Sep 14, 2009
Why did the whole conference almost go up in smoke before that dumb--- Bebee tried to start putting a new TV deal together. When this is over he needs to be gone.

LutherClone

Dec 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Alright. Here's the deal. If this is true (and ole Chip has been right in the past...) then we dodged a major bullet. However, I think that it only holds off the same sort of fretting for the future unless things change. Unless we expand to 12 again, we're going to be looking at the same thing the next time UT gets tired of their arraingment. Football is going to be tough with 9 games against UT, OU, OSU, aTm, TT, BU, KU, KSU and Mizzou. Basketball? How does home and home with each team sound?! We've got to nut up. Time to pay it forward and donate more, recruit harder, build better teams and tradition so the next time this **** comes around we aren't in quite the same position. Nebby showed it doesn't have to be just about television sets.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Honestly, I feel very badly for Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State and Baylor. As much as I really have never had great love for the Big 10, as a Nebraska fan, I am extremely pleased that the Huskers no longer will have to be in a conference that includes Texas. And believe me, it has absolutely nothing to do with their recent dominance in football. Absolutely nothing! Over the past 12-14 years, I just have come to loathe the University of Texas because of it's strong-arming of the Big 12 Conference.

Amazing how Nebraska fans have come to loathe Texas strong-arming the conference when the vote to have the football championship game at the JerryDome indefinitely in exchange for the basketball tournaments being held in KC came up 11-1, Nebraska being the lone dissenting vote, when for the 12-14 years Nebraska has been a willing and able partner in strong-arming the rest of the conference right alongside Texas.

Sorry - you get no pity from me for feeling "strong-armed". Now you understand what the rest of the conference has been going through for 14 years. Fortunately for you guys you had another conference willing to "rescue" you from all of your problems. The majority of us probably aren't going to be so lucky, so unfortunately we're going to have to deal with the school that you've suddenly grown to loathe so much...

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
Alright. Here's the deal. If this is true (and ole Chip has been right in the past...) then we dodged a major bullet. However, I think that it only holds off the same sort of fretting for the future unless things change. Unless we expand to 12 again, we're going to be looking at the same thing the next time UT gets tired of their arraingment. Football is going to be tough with 9 games against UT, OU, OSU, aTm, TT, BU, KU, KSU and Mizzou. Basketball? How does home and home with each team sound?! We've got to nut up. Time to pay it forward and donate more, recruit harder, build better teams and tradition so the next time this **** comes around we aren't in quite the same position. Nebby showed it doesn't have to be just about television sets.

Agreed. if this happens, I will bite the bullet and donate more $$ to ISU than I already do. We all need to step and help make ISU a healthier program overall.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
ChipBrownOB Got bumped off College Football Live today because the producer said, "Joe Schad is now reporting what you're reporting." (I love Joe BTW.)
19 minutes ago

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
ChipBrownOB Got bumped off College Football Live today because the producer said, "Joe Schad is now reporting what you're reporting." (I love Joe BTW.)
19 minutes ago

I saw that and laughed, not at chip brown, but at ESPN because since Chip and Joe reported opposite stories, ESPN has slowly been covering it's ***.

Legend12

May 9, 2008
Why did the whole conference almost go up in smoke before that dumb--- Bebee tried to start putting a new TV deal together. When this is over he needs to be gone.

I concur. This is a story of a man who was reacting instead of acting and luckily/hopefully as little harm will be done as possible. for the Big 12 to continue to be an elite conference they need someone to guide them who is always looking ahead and not satisfied with the status quo.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I concur. This is a story of a man who was reacting instead of acting and luckily/hopefully as little harm will be done as possible. for the Big 12 to continue to be an elite conference they need someone to guide them who is always looking ahead and not satisfied with the status quo.

Beebe is going to be around for as long as Texas is. Texas has him in their pocket so he is safe. The guy is a complete moron and as it appears may have completely lucked out on this whole deal that the conference didn't implode around him while he did nothing.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL

And someone who will work proactively for the interest of ALL member institutions equally... and not perform special favors in the dark for one or two elite institutions.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Sure, this isn't the "perfect" scenario for ISU... having to let Texas still run the entire show, but it sure beats what we were talking about on here yesterday... possibly being in C-USA or the MAC.

We get around 8 million now, and we'd be going up to 14-17 million. I'll take that over getting less than 5 million in the C-USA or MAC.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Sure, this isn't the "perfect" scenario for ISU... having to let Texas still run the entire show, but it sure beats what we were talking about on here yesterday... possibly being in C-USA or the MAC.

We get around 8 million now, and we'd be going up to 14-17 million. I'll take that over getting less than 5 million in the C-USA or MAC.

I would argue this is a "perfect" scenario for ISU. Our revenue nearly doubles, we get in on a television deal, and we remain a BCS school. Aside from a Big 10 invite (which was never going to happen) this is the best thing that could have happened.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
And someone who will work proactively for the interest of ALL member institutions equally... and not perform special favors in the dark for one or two elite institutions.

This. I didn't like the sounds of things when Beebe is calling a press conference along with the president of Texas. Shouldn't the conference be holding a seperate press conference just to eliminate any concerns of favoritism? The problem with Beebe got started when he was pushing for Mizzou to get a better bowl bid then ISU and he went to bat for them. A conference commissioner shouldn't be playing favorites publicly like that.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Well go ahead and enjoy being a part of the "Texas and the other 9 Conference" then.

As opposed to what? ISU is going to be a small fish in any big conference pond. Suggest something else that is remotely reasonable and I'd be all ears. You guys took your ball and went home when things got tough after not doing jack for 14 years to help even the conference out. Screw Nebraska. Believe it or not but I hope Iowa pounds Nebraska into utter oblivion in the Big 10.