Texas to stay...according to new Orangebloods

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
If the BigXII stays together this is what I think the North schools should do...

ISU, KU, K-State and MU should create a 3-state conference network. We could show all of our Olympic sports, collect revenue from local, Midwest companies and thumb our noses at the Texas network simultaniously. Who knows maybe it takes off, gains a cult following here in the Midwest and we all make a little extra $$.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
If the BigXII stays together this is what I think the North schools should do...

ISU, KU, K-State and MU should create a 3-state conference network. We could show all of our Olympic sports, collect revenue from local, Midwest companies and thumb our noses at the Texas network simultaniously. Who knows maybe it takes off, gains a cult following here in the Midwest and we all make a little extra $$.

That is exactly what I was thinking. It wouldn't be huge or that much of a money maker but if it could help us watch games and add some exposure to midwest recruits it could work.

Even if it added a little bit of money it would be worth it.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Who has ever said on this board that they trust Texas? Stop putting words in people's mouths. We don't trust Texas at all, but I do trust that ISU without the Big 12 is in a world of hurt which is why this is big news.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
did I say anything was set in stone? no. Is anything still set in stone? no. All I was providing was a differing opinion from the chip lovefest that's going on.

I was just busting your chops. We've all been wrong before. The Chip lovefest is obviously not without merit here.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
That is exactly what I was thinking. It wouldn't be huge or that much of a money maker but if it could help us watch games and add some exposure to midwest recruits it could work.

Even if it added a little bit of money it would be worth it.

It would be awesome. Maybe we could even partner up with another conference, like the Mo Valley, for major sports...when there aren't games from our schools going on, we could show some Mo Valley basketball, and maybe make some more money off of it? Just an idea, since sports from our 4 schools might not give enough programming for a network.

If I got to pick one show for such a network, it would be called "Cyclone Classics." We'd show the same 10 great games from ISU history over and over again during the overnights, with commentary from C-Willy and John Walters. It would be awesome. :smile:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Who has ever said on this board that they trust Texas? Stop putting words in people's mouths. We don't trust Texas at all, but I do trust that ISU without the Big 12 is in a world of hurt which is why this is big news.

I agree with this. I would just like some long-term stability, and I'm not assured we have it yet.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
It would be awesome. Maybe we could even partner up with another conference, like the Mo Valley, for major sports...when there aren't games from our schools going on, we could show some Mo Valley basketball, and maybe make some more money off of it? Just an idea, since sports from our 4 schools might not give enough programming for a network.

If I got to pick one show for such a network, it would be called "Cyclone Classics." We'd show the same 10 great games from ISU history over and over again during the overnights, with commentary from C-Willy and John Walters. It would be awesome. :smile:

Or partner up with the 3 states high school associations to air high school sporting events.

Wingback

Dec 26, 2008
What do you mean, "no revenue sharing?" We get more revenue than before - you're accusing Texas of keeping it all?
Don't make stuff up.

If you didn't understand exactly what I meant, Tornado, heaven help you. Obviously, what I meant is that Texas gets their network (which I would think will make it more difficult for the Big 12 Lite to negotiate a good network deal for the conference), plus the existing agreement on revenue sharing stays unchanged. What this means is that Texas will continue to get the largest share when the new television agreement is inked, plus they will get a reported additional $5 to $8 million from their proposed Longhorns Network. Pretty sweet deal if your name is DeLoss Dodds, I guess.

Yes, it could be argued that it is good for Iowa State if the Big 12 remains in existence moving forward, but don't be deceived, Texas is clearly in the "cat bird seat" and will continue to push for and get everything they want, at the expense of the other conference schools. Dan "What can we do for you today, Texas?" Beebee will ensure the Horns get everything they want!

Honestly, I feel very badly for Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State and Baylor. As much as I really have never had great love for the Big 10, as a Nebraska fan, I am extremely pleased that the Huskers no longer will have to be in a conference that includes Texas. And believe me, it has absolutely nothing to do with their recent dominance in football. Absolutely nothing! Over the past 12-14 years, I just have come to loathe the University of Texas because of it's strong-arming of the Big 12 Conference.

Give them time. If they don't destroy the Big 12 today, they will eventually. There will never be true stability in a Big 12 Conference that involves the University of Texas. Period!

Last edited:

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Or partner up with the 3 states high school associations to air high school sporting events.

That's a good idea. It could just become a wholly regional "sports network," with a SportsCenter type show for Big XII, regional pro/minor league, and local/high school sports on it. That would certainly be enough programming to ensure its survival, and maybe we could make $1 mil a year off of it or something like that. It would certainly have to air in almost all of Iowa, Kansas, and Missouri, and possibly even Omaha.

Wingback

Dec 26, 2008
So Nebraska now favors equal Big XII revenue sharing?

I wouldn't have had a problem with full revenue sharing from the start. But then, I don't vote for the University of Nebraska. All I'm saying is that Dan "What can we do for you today, Texas?" Beebee has just opened the door for the money gap in the conference to get wider (and potentially we are talking Mac Truck wider). And no matter how you slice it, that's not good for Iowa State or any of the other "lesser" teams in the conference.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
That's a good idea. It could just become a wholly regional "sports network," with a SportsCenter type show for Big XII, regional pro/minor league, and local/high school sports on it. That would certainly be enough programming to ensure its survival, and maybe we could make $1 mil a year off of it or something like that. It would certainly have to air in almost all of Iowa, Kansas, and Missouri, and possibly even Omaha.

If ISU/KU/KSU were all involved it would be enough to bring on Omaha.

Also in my own dream world add some fishing shows on early Sunday mornings in the mix and I may never turn the channel.

Reactions: DSM4Cy

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I wouldn't have had a problem with full revenue sharing from the start. But then, I don't vote for the University of Nebraska. All I'm saying is that Dan "What can we do for you today, Texas?" Beebee has just opened the door for the money gap in the conference to get wider (and potentially we are talking Mac Truck wider). And no matter how you slice it, that's not good for Iowa State or any of the other "lesser" teams in the conference.

Why wouldn't the gap be larger? Texas is the main draw for the conference, and as such they probably deserve more money.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
If you didn't understand exactly what I meant, Tornado, heaven help you. Obviously, what I meant is that Texas gets their network (which I would think will make it more difficult for the Big 12 Lite to negotiate a good network deal for the conference), plus the existing agreement on revenue sharing stays unchanged. What this means is that Texas will continue to get the largest share when the new television agreement is inked, plus they will get a reported additional $5 to $8 million from their proposed Longhorns Network. Pretty sweet deal if your name is DeLoss Dodds, I guess.

Yes, it could be argued that it is good for Iowa State if the Big 12 remains in existence moving forward, but don't be deceived, Texas is clearly in the "cat bird seat" and will continue to push for and get everything they want, at the expense of the other conference schools. Dan "What can we do for you today, Texas?" Beebee will ensure the Horns get everything they want!

Honestly, I feel very badly for Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State and Baylor. As much as I really have never had great love for the Big 10, as a Nebraska fan, I am extremely pleased that the Huskers no longer will have to be in a conference that includes Texas. And believe me, it has absolutely nothing to do with their recent dominance in football. Absolutely nothing! Over the past 12-14 years, I just have come to loathe the University of Texas because of it's strong-arming of the Big 12 Conference. Give them time. If they don't destroy the Big 12 today, they will eventually.

Well I've got news for you: Nebraska is no different. You also opposed revenue sharing in the Big 12. Then you leave for the Big 10, which has 100% revenue sharing. Of course, they can offer you more money, so now all of the sudden revenue sharing is "good". Whatever broseph, take a hike.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere

It's always been Mack Truck wide and these "lesser" teams you talk about have been fine the whole time. This will just add some more coin to ISU and others and help stabilize the athletic department. No one will ever catch Texas and I laugh when people think that is what ISU should be trying to do.

Wingback

Dec 26, 2008
Well I've got news for you: Nebraska is no different. You also opposed revenue sharing in the Big 12. Then you leave for the Big 10, which has 100% revenue sharing. Of course, they can offer you more money, so now all of the sudden revenue sharing is "good". Whatever broseph, take a hike.

Well go ahead and enjoy being a part of the "Texas and the other 9 Conference" then.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
It's always been Mack Truck wide and these "lesser" teams you talk about have been fine the whole time. This will just add some more coin to ISU and others and help stabilize the athletic department. No one will ever catch Texas and I laugh when people think that is what ISU should be trying to do.

$17 mil would elevate us past the majority of BCS schools. I'll take it.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Well go ahead and enjoy being a part of the "Texas and the other 9 Conference" then.

We will. Honestly, we don't have a choice. Sorry to say that Texas is once again the big winner. The Big 10/Pac 10 have made it happen.