Fan Fest

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I thought about it, but I heard it was a total zoo last year, and I am not looking forward to that.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
question...does it cost? and what all goes on? I can't really find anything information besides the fact that it is happening

No cost. But there's some stuff you can buy, if you choose. It's worth checking out, especially if you'd like to interact with some players and coaches and get some autographs. I like to act like the town drunk in "Hoosiers" and see if the coaching staff gives me a job, but it hasn't worked so far.

"Did he just say he acts like the town drunk?" Hey look, I'm Jim Gaffigan all the sudden.

Here's the Cyclones.com info:

Annual Cyclone Fan Fest - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

ty4cy90

Apr 27, 2010
Ames/Spirit Lake
No cost. But there's some stuff you can buy, if you choose. It's worth checking out, especially if you'd like to interact with some players and coaches and get some autographs. I like to act like the town drunk in "Hoosiers" and see if the coaching staff gives me a job, but it hasn't worked so far.

"Did he just say he acts like the town drunk?" Hey look, I'm Jim Gaffigan all the sudden.

Here's the Cyclones.com info:

Annual Cyclone Fan Fest - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

Thanks a bunch! cyclones.com said there will be an equipment sale? are they talking about helmets and such?

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Thanks a bunch! cyclones.com said there will be an equipment sale? are they talking about helmets and such?

The equipment sale is mainly shoes, socks, shirts, sweats, warm-ups/windbreakers. There are usually some duffel bags and the occasional heavy coat.

Game-worn gear is rare. The players usually get first crack to buy their own stuff. Then staff members pick through. What's left goes out to the general public, with NCC members being able to get a slight head start.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Being I am recovering from a shattered heel and the hot humid conditions, probably not. Don't want to wait in line while I am on crutches. I'll take my doctors advice and stay someplace where it is cool, at home on the couch with remote in hand!

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
The equipment sale is mainly shoes, socks, shirts, sweats, warm-ups/windbreakers. There are usually some duffel bags and the occasional heavy coat.

Game-worn gear is rare. The players usually get first crack to buy their own stuff. Then staff members pick through. What's left goes out to the general public, with NCC members being able to get a slight head start.

Actually no one got at it before the fans. There were a few players there and a few players parents too. Some real solid deals. Brand new nike golf pants and shorts for a dollar. I grabbed a pair of turf shoes for coaching for ten and grey shirt that says iowa state athletics. It was mostly all old logo stuff.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
If you want old cleats some look like they have never been worn they have a TON.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Some pretty decent deals out there, tons of people there. Nothing too spectacular but some good tailgating clothes.

fatkid1974

Apr 3, 2010
van down by the river
Pretty hot and crowded, but didn't go for myself. Daughter had a great time. It was pretty cool to see players interact. Kelsie Bolt (sp?) offered to hold our 3 year old for a picture. She was a class act.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Got a bunch of gym shorts for a dollar, I wear em as PJ's year round. Sweatpants are good too. I got a football roller traveling dufflebag for $5. Not as good as in the past.

Its weird that it was 99% old stuff, so at newest it was from Chizik's first year. Why have they kept most of this stuff for so long? Donate it to some charity/program if no one buys it today.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I invited my parents down and they brought my nephew. It was a really good time. My nephew got a bunch of autographs, but it was very hot and sticky. Also, I have a friend that brought his little boy with them and he was wearing his ISU #4 jersey. Well it was too hot for their new born so we sat in the Jacobson Athletic Building and looked at the memorabilia and Arnaud came out and gave him a high 5 and everything. He loved it. My friend who is an Iowa fan, said that it was a class act of Arnaud to do that. He was truly impressed.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
My friend who is an Iowa fan, said that it was a class act of Arnaud to do that. He was truly impressed.

I thought all the football players were very cool to talk to and class acts. Almost everyone one of them said "Thanks for coming out" while going thru their lines.
I brought one of the pencil drawings Sandvik's dad did for the Gridiron Club and was getting that autographed and it was awesome to see those guys look for themselves on it and sign by their likeness. AROB was expecially having fun looking it over and laughing at K.O. and especially Coach Pope's likeness.
Great job ISU athletics, that was a really good event to go to!