Jersey sale

CY15

Dec 11, 2007
Hello all. I just wanted to ask what numbers everyone picked up at the Jersey Sale this weekend, i was there and some how ended up with two away jerseys, an Alvin Bowen 15 and a Ryan Baum/JJ Bass 3 both in white. I decided i would like to have a home jersey as well so i would like to get rid of the white #3 for a home jersey. Also im just curious as to what everyone picked up. Thank you!

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I grabbed a #20 road jersey, my number in college... It is way too small, but I never planned on wearing it as those jerseys aren't really made to be worn outside of games. I plan on getting it signed at Fan Fest then framing it and putting it next to my old baseball jersey.

CY15

Dec 11, 2007
also, I got my #15 signed by Alvin already, i think i will leave it that way

CY15

Dec 11, 2007
it was saturday at the bergstrom.. they might have another before the spring game, but everything was pretty well picked over by the thousands of shoppers

CY15

Dec 11, 2007
Eh, now now, Stevie was great for us when he was healthy, he was a big part of our success in 2004. Its just unfortunate for him that he could not stay healthy

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
The problem that I had with Stevie, as did others, was that he rarely hit the hole straight on. A lot of times he would dance a little before trying to get through them.
When he finally did decide to move forward, the opportunity wasn't there any more.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Dan McCarney is the best coach in ISU history.

Just wanted to add to the thread that quickly headed south...:wink:

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
It should be ok to share premium info on hear. Let's through all the fun stuff in the mix.

I got an 87 jersey, away. Not even sure who had it, it didn't seem to worn though.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
But when talking about the Hicks or Bowen jerseys...these don't have the names on them - correct? NCAA rules do not allow the sale of apparel with the player's names on them. If they do, it's probably ok being these guys are no longer college athletes - but even then I would think the rule extends there.

If no names on them, you're just buying an ISU jersey with a number on it. I'd gladly take a #27 or any other. Who knows...one of the next great Cyclones could don that number. :yes:

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
But when talking about the Hicks or Bowen jerseys...these don't have the names on them - correct? NCAA rules do not allow the sale of apparel with the player's names on them. If they do, it's probably ok being these guys are no longer college athletes - but even then I would think the rule extends there.

If no names on them, you're just buying an ISU jersey with a number on it. I'd gladly take a #27 or any other. Who knows...one of the next great Cyclones could don that number. :yes:

I was wondering about the name part. I see they are selling a game worn Seneca jersey on the athletic website, which also has his name on it. At least in the picture it does.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I wouldn't. We had #7 and #1 jerseys...wore them for 3 years. Washed them for the 2nd to last time (or so we thought) before the last home game. Plan was to wash them after the game, get 'em signed and mount them on the wall.

Our damn washing machine ate both of them. Sick, just plain sick over it - still.

And now the company that produced those jerseys (Athlete Tech) is no longer doing college apparel. Too bad, because these were great quality - not screen printed - the numbers and stuff was all dyed on the jersey and you could get any number you wanted - even put a name on it as long as it wasn't a player name.