Narcisse Leaving CN

Landshark

Jan 23, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Up until two weeks I had been with CN since the beginning. It was really good under Chris Williams and Blume(sp?). They were there all the time and Chris did a great job with recruiting, Blume was a good writer and kept us all entertained.

Last spring Jonathan did a bang-up job with spring ball, but last summer him and SD decided to take some time-off and it's gone down hill ever since. I just think they have had too much on their plates with there respective careers. Not too mention Scout.com just sucks.

It's sad.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
serious.jpg

448711104_6d2c93bf12.jpg

internet-24591.jpg

44554455normal_Internet-SeriousBusiness.jpg

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
1 - It has been for sale for a while now - just not publicly.

2 - I am not surprised by this and have been expecting it for a while.

3 - I can't say more even though I'd love to chime in with some stuff.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Doesn't he own Cyclone Nation.com? i think "I" and "CN" are synonymous in this context.

I believe he's a part owner with SD. Since SD hasn't really announced his intentions, who knows what's going on there.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Doesn't he own Cyclone Nation.com? i think "I" and "CN" are synonymous in this context.

Owns today? Yes, he is a co-owner.

Owns "tomorrow"? Doubtful.

As a previous poster noted, the site is for sale...it's not a "secret" anymore - not that it was much of one anyways. Or at least it was for sale a few weeks ago.

Today's "release" would seem to fall in line with that. Or perhaps, Jon N. caught a pass on the sidelines, the defender pushed him out of bounds before he could come down with it and the official ruled a...

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I left CN back in August and have found I actually find out things SOONER without the premium subscription by using CF. If only people threw their money toward the Athletic Department instead of scout.com

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Up until two weeks I had been with CN since the beginning. It was really good under Chris Williams and Blume(sp?). They were there all the time and Chris did a great job with recruiting, Blume was a good writer and kept us all entertained.

Last spring Jonathan did a bang-up job with spring ball, but last summer him and SD decided to take some time-off and it's gone down hill ever since. I just think they have had too much on their plates with there respective careers. Not too mention Scout.com just sucks.

It's sad.

Whe they dedicated themselves their content was without peer. But they could never sustain it and seemed to keep running staff out the door.

As a guy that vigorously defended them on all boards, I heard the rumor and posted a question over there. I was immediately banned from posting (although I'm still read-only which shouldn't take TOO long) so I cancelled my membership.

Its really too bad, as Deace seemed to have some good contacts in the AD but they always promised far more than they could consistently deliver.

I still think there is plenty of room for all kinds of Cyclones sites and will TRY and support whatever becomes of CN.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
You were immediately banned without notice? But...but...that's never happened over there...:skeptical:

Nope, that never happens... They also never bill you for 3 months after you have canceled your membership AND gotten confirmation. My favorite is that just after I was banned (from the message board, not the site) they started posting premium stories as links to the message board and guess what, I couldn't read em...

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
When they kicked out Chris and Brent they pretty much said F.U. to all fans - in my opinion. To run CN (as it was) without Chris and Brent would be like trying to make a pizza without the dough - it just isn't going to hold together.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
You were immediately banned without notice? But...but...that's never happened over there...:skeptical:

I was banned from the message board too. I said that I felt embarrassed for SD for not being professional on the State of the Nations TV show. I emailed them to make sure that is why I got banned because SD was not doing his job with that show and I received no response. Oh well, based on what I have seen and heard on their treatment with people, I am shocked it lasted this long.

jperickson23

Apr 10, 2006
Des Moines

It's sad.

I couldn't agree more with this post.

Add me to the list of the "banned from the message board" group. I all I posted was that I really missed what Chris and Brent brought to the site and was instantly banned. I cancelled immediately.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Landshark should get an award. 'Last member at CN and wasn't banned.':confused:

I haven't been banned. :wideeyed:

They never would approve me to post - but I haven't been "banned"

Lot of sound business sense over there. :skeptical:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
When they kicked out Chris and Brent they pretty much said F.U. to all fans - in my opinion.

Agreed and this was my downfall as well - getting banned for appreciating what Chris and Brent had done after they were gone.

I guess I should blame Chris and Brent instead of Steve and Jon.

Damn you Chris and Brent...damn you to hell!

:eek:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
The problem that they had boils down to this...

You have owners that are Iowa and Michigan diehards running an Iowa State website. They kick out two of the hardest working Cyclone diehards and don't even give the fans a reason why (in my opinion it was all about money). You can't expect fans to like the decisions you make when it's repeatedly against what they've stated vocally that they want. Give customers what they want and they'll be happy, screw them over and they'll put you out of business.