JP kicked out of game at Gilbert?

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Sports would suck if you couldn't yell at the refs. The continuous booing of the ref that called the charge in the KSU game will be one of my most memorable moments from this season.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I got kicked out of a bar once. How am I doing guys???

I got kicked out of Flying Burrito once (before it changed to 'fighting' & moved to Welch).

I still think they were wrong to withhold the fact that they were out of chicken until after I had waited in line for 30 minutes :realmad:

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I was kicked outta Sips once. Not my proudest moment.

I vaguely remember getting tossed from Thumbs and waking up the next day with a cut over my eye. Our best bet was I faceplanted on the ice outside.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Getting kicked out of a HS basketball game sounds like it's straight from one of those episodes of a redneck reality show.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
[video=youtube;B0_NyxCSqdg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0_NyxCSqdg[/video]

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
One of the dads when my son was a senior got kicked out of all but three away games. I never really understood why, maybe his voice just carried well. He would say things like "#23 in the lane, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, still in the lane," and get booted. He was right. Super nice guy. His poor kid was always mortified.

JJ4ISU

Apr 11, 2006
WDM Side of Waukee
Why does no one hold officials accountable? I have been to a couple high school games this year, and I don't think any of these guys know much about the game. They have no idea what to call and when! It must be tough to get knowledgeable basketball people to referee these days.

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
I would be willing to bet the ref was Mark Boggio (spelling). Guy is from Colfax and always refs their home games at every level (varsity included). At halftime he would sometimes sit with the home fans and joke around with them. More than once over the years I was a coach in the conference he would make a call down there and then when I asked for an explanation he'd just laugh.

I only had him for basketball but I've heard softball is similar. There are several great HS officials in our area, but unfortunately a few of them just do it for a power trip. I wasn't there and don't know that it was him for sure, but I would be shocked if it wasn't...

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Why does no one hold officials accountable? I have been to a couple high school games this year, and I don't think any of these guys know much about the game. They have no idea what to call and when! It must be tough to get knowledgeable basketball people to referee these days.

Booing refs getting paid big time $$ to officiate in college is one thing, getting tossed from a high school level or lower game is a whole different story. How in the world do you want the refs "held accountable"? There are so many high school games each night you are going to have some very bad officials reffing, it's unavoidable.

exCYtement

Feb 28, 2011
Ames
Too bad they didn't kick Gilberts boys team out of the game.... They are horrible.
They aren't great, but they aren't horrible. For starting 3 sophomores and it being Gilbert's first year playing 3A basketball, it's impressive they have a winning record. Not great, but not terrible either.

I played basketball for Gilbert with JP's son Thomas last year, and Jamie was at every game, no matter how far away it was. And while it surprised me that JP got thrown out, it doesn't shock me. JP gets very emotional at the games. And people get thrown out of HS games all the time. It's not uncommon at all.