Info: Like OMG - Like Feature Feedback Needed

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Here's an honest question: Why does it matter? Unless someone is abusing the system to harass someone else or something I don't think it matters much if a group of friends like each others posts often. How does it hurt anyone else?

agreed. and the whole neg rep/dislike thing is just a bad idea. Bad to moderate, bad to utilize, easy to abuse.....it will just cause problems (as it obviously did in the past).

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
***I have fixed it so the notification doesn't open a new tab or window for specific browser configurations.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
***I have fixed it so the notification doesn't open a new tab or window for specific browser configurations.
images

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Amazing, looks as if you have already fixed the icon changing to the thumbs down (which I didn't like either).

Let's not have the thumbs down at all. There is enough negativity elsewhere. If people disapprove of what you have to say, they can write why or they can keep quiet.

:pcool:

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
Here's an honest question: Why does it matter? Unless someone is abusing the system to harass someone else or something I don't think it matters much if a group of friends like each others posts often. How does it hurt anyone else?
I'm talking about the negative posting stuff that he's advocating. Go hog wild with the liking of posts as long as it keeps the posts from devolving into "like" or "+1" posts that happened when it went away. I'm just saying that the instant someone has the ability to "neg" one of the people that find value in their "likes" or "positive rep," all hell breaks loose.

The example I'm talking about occurred when someone claimed they made terrible posts, and them and their friends descended like a swarm of locusts. The same people that use the feature a ton are the same people that will be the ones that end up abusing the negative function if it were to exist.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I'm talking about the negative posting stuff that he's advocating. Go hog wild with the liking of posts as long as it keeps the posts from devolving into "like" or "+1" posts that happened when it went away. I'm just saying that the instant someone has the ability to "neg" one of the people that find value in their "likes" or "positive rep," all hell breaks loose.

The example I'm talking about occurred when someone claimed they made terrible posts, and them and their friends descended like a swarm of locusts. The same people that use the feature a ton are the same people that will be the ones that end up abusing the negative function if it were to exist.
DISLIKE

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Ok, I missed the days of Neg Rep. I am convinced that people would abuse that if available.

I thought you were just upset about a group of friends consistently liking each others posts. That's how I know who my buddies are around here.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I have done another minor change of the icons. Now once you have liked a post, the icon will be and thumbs up grey icon rather than an upside down grey icon. Small change but more positive. Your images are likely cached so might not show up right away.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
I just assume that everyone likes my posts anyway, so this change doesn't matter to me.

But still looks good, Jeremy.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Okay. That wasn't clear in your earlier post(s). I'm not a big fan of negative reps except in cases of abusive posters, but it's probably safer to not have the negative posts at all. I don't think of myself as an attention *****, but I will admit it's nice to get positive feedback. I joked about competing with Rulzzz last night, but that's really all it was...kidding around.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I have done another minor change of the icons. Now once you have liked a post, the icon will be and thumbs up grey icon rather than an upside down grey icon. Small change but more positive. Your images are likely cached so might not show up right away.

Jeremy, you have skilz I can't even dream of...I'm impressed! Thank you so much for the quick fixes!