*** OFFICIAL VEISHEA WEEK 2014 THREAD ***

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I think you are misunderstanding me. When I said their ego was bruised, I was referring to the fact that they allowed what you said to happen. They're pi$sed off about that and that they weren't able to respond by arresting the people throwing stuff at them. They aren't going to put up with any of that this weekend as long as the crowds are kept in check.

My bad, thanks for clarifying.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Where do you even get the cherry pies at? Never saw them in my four years of VEISHEA.

They were a big part of the tradition to many, my mom included, but they weren't exactly Food Network worthy:)

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
#NeverForget

pies.jpg

#REPRIMANDED

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
So what are the chances of Veishea getting cancelled next year?
I think the rest of this week will have an impact on future VEISHEAs. If everyone is cool and there are no incidents, chances will likely improve. That being said, VEISHEA 2015 happening is probably pretty slim.

Another incident like last night is the kiss of death for VEISHEA beyond 2015.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I don't see how changing the name does anything. Students will just use that weekend to go crazy.

The only way to "fix" the issues is to have a semi police state during VEISHEA. It sucks but they have obviously proved they can't handle it this year.

Bring full VEISHEA official activities back and crack down on off campus issues.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Seriously how the **** do you turn this on the cops? Have you watched the videos of them getting glass bottles, garbage, and fireworks thrown at them and them showing great restraint? They acted incredibly well when they could have been like the rest of us and been at home with their families instead of out putting their ***** on the line in front of a mob of 2,000 drunk, violent kids.

How many were actually in this mob? They said 2004 was only 400, and each time I read about last night the number grows. 2000 really?

Also what was the actual damage done compared to 04.

Who were the ones arrested? Actual isu students this time? I see its two girls so far which is odd, and one dude.

I'm way behind on this due to a conference so I'm behind.

Dreamyfred

Mar 28, 2014
Minnesota
Seriously how the **** do you turn this on the cops? Have you watched the videos of them getting glass bottles, garbage, and fireworks thrown at them and them showing great restraint? They acted incredibly well when they could have been like the rest of us and been at home with their families instead of out putting their ***** on the line in front of a mob of 2,000 drunk, violent kids.
Quite the exaggeration there buddy