Frank Hoiberg

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I was a few beers in and thought I was just hearing things. This confirms I was not. Freaking idiots.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
I heard this as well, unbelievable. This was on an ESPN network and these guys are clueless, no prep for their jobs.

Geez, cut them some slack. Do you know how many hours of broadcasting these guys do in a season, how many hundreds of names they have to read, and how many distractions they encounter inside a building filled with 13,000 raving fans? It's not an easy job.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Geez, cut them some slack. Do you know how many hours of broadcasting these guys do in a season, how many hundreds of names they have to read, and how many distractions they encounter inside a building filled with 13,000 raving fans? It's not an easy job.

It was one of the studio guys....

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Geez, cut them some slack. Do you know how many hours of broadcasting these guys do in a season, how many hundreds of names they have to read, and many distractions they encounter inside a building filled with 13,000 raving fans? It's not an easy job.

This was from the guys in the studio before they cut over to the start of the broadcast.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I don't care how many games an announcer does, you need to get the coaches name right. A player I can understand, a head coach...no.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
One of the studio dolts mentioned the great job Hogue does coming off the bench. My fault for switching off John Walters right after the game. Had gone to that since one of the announcers so obviously rooting for Bama. Drinking game should have been on number of times they mentioned the Thomas/Nader suspension. Didn't hear any Nerlens Noel, just that Georges isn't an athlete.:rolleyes:

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
One of the studio dolts mentioned the great job Hogue does coming off the bench. My fault for switching off John Walters right after the game. Had gone to that since one of the announcers so obviously rooting for Bama. Drinking game should have been on number of times they mentioned the Thomas/Nader suspension. Didn't hear any Nerlens Noel, just that Georges isn't an athlete.:rolleyes:

Well at least they're not going on and on about Hoiberg growing up 5 blocks from Hilton, being a ball boy, becoming a hometown hero, returning to his alma mater after a successful NBA career, blah blah blah.

But that's probably because they forgot his name.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I heard this as well, unbelievable. This was on an ESPN network and these guys are clueless, no prep for their jobs.

ESPN, CBS, ABC, etc. It doesn't matter - all the networks have been making errors for YEARS. It's like the one job you could make big mistakes over and over, a very small percentage of people would notice, and you still keep your job.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC

And this is different from any grown up job with responsibility....how? I have to know a crazy amount of things for my job, but if I make a mistake just a few times in a day, it looks pretty bad on me. Over time, people start doubting your skills.