Coaching Search Rumors - Consolidated Thread

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
That is a fun article to read. This was the most important part:

"People ask me on a week-to-week basis what we're going to do," Stitt said. "We don't know. We might run it 45 times. We might throw it 80 times. It's really predicated on how the defense plays us."

Everyone talks about Stitt's offensive mind, but it is his flexibility that makes him a rare talent.

cyclonebillski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs
CW brought Stitt up last yr when people thought we might make a change. He has been the guy I have wanted ever since. He seems smart and innovative, sort of like Chip Kelly. I would be very happy with this hire if he can find some guys to recruit

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
that's why my dream would be a big time hire with Rhoads as the DC. Win/win. Then, in 4 years, after we have turned the corner and that guy bolts to go to a USC type, we have Rhoads in the waiting to take over again.
Are you a rhoads fan or Iowa state fan?

Miniclone11

Oct 28, 2015
Can't ever create that kind of awkward scenario for anyone involved. When it's over, it's over.

Maybe not. Buts it not like Rhoads doesn't want ISU to succeed, even now. But I did say it was a dream - it's just something I'd like to see happen because I don't know when we will find someone so dedicated to ISU and while not there wins wise, is improving.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Maybe not. Buts it not like Rhoads doesn't want ISU to succeed, even now. But I did say it was a dream - it's just something I'd like to see happen because I don't know when we will find someone so dedicated to ISU and while not there wins wise, is improving.

Fair. I don't think we'll see anyone quite that dedicated to ISU. Rhoads was probably a rare bird in that way.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive

Fair. I don't think we'll see anyone quite that dedicated to ISU. Rhoads was probably a rare bird in that way.

Or like Dan McCarney? Dude, people will be dedicated to the university, especially if there is a steady paycheck involved. I understand the level of commitment will be different but come on, there would be a ton of guys that would want ISU to succeed similar to Rhoads or McCarney.

CYF5

Dec 15, 2013
**** Tighe - 58 years young.

425-156-8 record.

Belly right. Power I.

Edit: 85 years young :pbiggrin:

I'd be all for that. He's my Grandpa so I could probably get some sideline passes :). There have been 7 of us Grandchildren graduate from ISU, so we'll put in a good word for him.

g11

Nov 22, 2015
Hey guys, been reading for a while figured I'd signup. Enjoy how active your boards are.

What about a guy like Ken O'Keefe. Great recruiter, knows pro style football, lots of experience in the college game.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Hey guys, been reading for a while figured I'd signup. Enjoy how active your boards are.

What about a guy like Ken O'Keefe. Great recruiter, knows pro style football, lots of experience in the college game.

obvious troll is obvious

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

Is that the guy from Connecticut that Eminem talks about?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

Wow, your trolling is as subtle as a sledge hammer.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
So far, Stitt is my favorite. Not a sexy hire, but he's from the midwest and knows how to win with limited resources. He's creative. And his teams HAVE A GOAL LINE PACKAGE.

I have been saying Stitt since he was at the Colorado School of the mines. He is exactly what we need. In a couple years he will be unattainable. Also keep AyenI and maybe anot her couple other current staff for recruiting pump up the assistant payroll and bring in some guns.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas

Might be the dumbest post I've read on CF.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Stitt HC. Ayeni Co-OC. Sage QBs. Seneca WRs.

Yes? No?

**** yes.

Just go all out.

Sage Rosenfels QBs
Alexander Robinson RBs
Todd Blythe WRs
Colin Franklin TEs
Ben Lamaak OL
Brent Curvey DL
Jake Knott LBs
Ellis Hobbs CBs
Grant Mahoney special teams