What are you drinking tonight?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'll be enjoying a glass of Whippy Dip-Ah, the Pulpit Rock/Alluvial collaboration tonight.

And then I'll walk up the street and chase it with a King Sue.

Reward for my training run.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I'll be enjoying a glass of Whippy Dip-Ah, the Pulpit Rock/Alluvial collaboration tonight.

And then I'll walk up the street and chase it with a King Sue.

Reward for my training run.
I would seriously weigh 400lbs if I lived in Decorah. So many good beers. What's sad is most locals probably go to TG and drink Dorthy.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I would seriously weigh 400lbs if I lived in Decorah. So many good beers. What's sad is most locals probably go to TG and drink Dorthy.

Anymore I force fairly brutal exercise on myself before hitting the taprooms.

You're kind of on with the last sentence, but a lot of those folks have converted to Sue in the past 1.5 years. But I'll put it this way: I don't think they were lying when they use to call Dorothy's their most popular beer.

The craft beer consumption within 20-30 miles of Decorah probably exceeds the rest of rural Iowa by a good amount, if only because of the beer scene being cultivated there.

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO

My family will go to the tap room but usually its just a few dorthy's and me trying to drink 1 of everything.

I was pretty impressed with Pulpit Rock when I was back at Thanksgiving, and my goal is to try the Whippy Dip-AH. As a young lad, I would stop there everyday during the summer to say hi to the ladies..........

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Went to the kegstand last night for the Odell's release. Odell's probably had 20 people there and they seemed like great people. Drank a few of the Odell's and finished it off with a 2016 KBS, which was incredible.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Did Odell used to be distributed in Iowa & then get pulled? I swear I remember seeing it in Iowa previously, but maybe I'm thinking of another brewery.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
What did you think of Odell's? I've tried most of year rounders down here in KC and think they are good.

Myrcenary is a good DIPA. Their regular IPA is probably my favorite of what they have to offer. I'd like to try their chocolate milk stout but it sounds like it's seasonal.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Myrcenary is one of my favorite beers. If it's fresh, it's like a pineapple party in your mouth. Heading to el Bait tonight to hopefully try the Russian Pirate.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Myrcenary is a good DIPA. Their regular IPA is probably my favorite of what they have to offer. I'd like to try their chocolate milk stout but it sounds like it's seasonal.
It's been really inconsistent. I first had it when it was Mash of the Titan at the taproom, probably 4 years ago. When they tweaked it and released it as Lugene, I had it up at Butcher and the Boar in Minneapolis and it was phenomenal. Had one last year and was unimpressed.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I'm a fan of hoppy beers but sometimes the DIPA and TIPA's are a little over-kill for me. With that said, I plan on buying some Lagunitas Waldo 2016, which just hit the shelves. I've never had it but the rankings seem to be impressive. Anyone ever try Waldo?