Good 300 level electives?

CycloneJoe6

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2012
Iowa
Does anyone know what are some good/easy 300 level electives to take? I'm going to be a junior and have to take one 300 level elective.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I took a Poly Sci class (POL S 311 maybe?) that was State and Local Government, and it was one of the more fun classes I had. We pretty much role played City Council and State Legislators the whole time.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
I am taking History 370 (History of Iowa) right now and it's a pretty easy and interesting course! I highly recommend taking it if you enjoy history even the slightest bit...

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
The wine tasting one as a pass/fail was the best class I ever took. HRI 331 is what I think it was called.

Why did you take that one pass/fail? As long as you showed up every class day you basically got an A because all the tests were open book/note and online.

HDFS 341 was an easy one (Household finances) took that one online.

Any of the fundamental/intro business ones would be easy as a non business major.

Russian Film Studies was an interesting one and pretty easy

CRP 320 (I think?) Urban Geography was pretty neat. Basically taught you how cities are planned.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Consider doing something to improve your resume. For instance, find something related to your field that you want to do anyway, and make it into a guided research project. It shows future employers that you went over and above to make the most of your education. It also gives you something that nobody else with your major has. And it can help you get a better letter of reference from the faculty member who oversees it.

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
I know they change up the numbers sometimes, but when I was in school, it was poli sci 310.

I took a Poly Sci class (POL S 311 maybe?) that was State and Local Government, and it was one of the more fun classes I had. We pretty much role played City Council and State Legislators the whole time.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Why did you take that one pass/fail? As long as you showed up every class day you basically got an A because all the tests were open book/note and online.

HDFS 341 was an easy one (Household finances) took that one online.

Any of the fundamental/intro business ones would be easy as a non business major.

Russian Film Studies was an interesting one and pretty easy

CRP 320 (I think?) Urban Geography was pretty neat. Basically taught you how cities are planned.

These have to be the worst suggestions. City planning?!?! Introduction business classes?!!! Where do I sign up?

Cyguy94

Mar 18, 2008
North Central Iowa
I am taking History 370 (History of Iowa) right now and it's a pretty easy and interesting course! I highly recommend taking it if you enjoy history even the slightest bit...

I took this class 23 years ago and it was a can of corn! Very interesting class and easy if you like to write papers. Here is some history for you; I can remember going to Ross Hall to type up my paper at the computer lab on one of the fancy Apple Computers they had there. Then I would print it out on one of those newfangled laser printers. Good times! I assume the Ross Hall computer lab is still a pretty busy place, right?

JR

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016

The required winery tour was a pretty big chunk of the grade. I took it pass/fail, didn't do the tour, and didn't any studying/prepping for class. Just showed up, drank, learned about wine, took the online tests blind, and passed. Much easier.