Random Thoughts Thread - Murder House Game

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Different locale and story next time. Maybe an island resort? Cabin in the forest?

My one suggestion, unless it's impossible to do, would be to make it so it's not solely based on number of ghosts, but maybe something like the number of ghosts just increases the likelihood of you winning. Kind of like the NBA lottery type of thing. Don't know if there's an Internet program that could do that for you though, where it would randomize who won, but allow you to weigh likelihood of winning to a certain person. So like, if someone with 6 ghosts fights someone with 1, they'd have a 6 to 1 chance of winning, but technically could still lose.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
My one suggestion, unless it's impossible to do, would be to make it so it's not solely based on number of ghosts, but maybe something like the number of ghosts just increases the likelihood of you winning. Kind of like the NBA lottery type of thing. Don't know if there's an Internet program that could do that for you though, where it would randomize who won, but allow you to weigh likelihood of winning to a certain person. So like, if someone with 6 ghosts fights someone with 1, they'd have a 6 to 1 chance of winning, but technically could still lose.
I like this.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I like that idea. Which reminds me, I need to take suggestions/feedback, etc.

Did you guys like the first round or second round better?
Should we do the first round multiple times?
Keep the trivia questions?
Rules too complicated?
Rule loopholes?
Enough information to guesstimate other players number of ghosts?

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
I like that idea. Which reminds me, I need to take suggestions/feedback, etc.

Did you guys like the first round or second round better?
Should we do the first round multiple times? Only if people aren't attacking
Keep the trivia questions? Yeah
Rules too complicated? Not once we got going
Rule loopholes? idk what that means
Enough information to guesstimate other players number of ghosts? I think the game is better not knowing.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
One more thing. I know my writing skills are not the best. I mean, I can come up with the idea, but probably do a better job with the write ups in Spanish rather than English. I also hope my write ups of everyone's deaths were not too gruesome. I tried to tone down the gore some (and inject a bit of humor).

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
There is definitely a huge advantage to your weapon being selected a murder weapon. It guarantees you points in the first round while those who aren't chosen are completely shooting in the dark.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
One more thing. I know my writing skills are not the best. I mean, I can come up with the idea, but probably do a better job with the write ups in Spanish rather than English. I also hope my write ups of everyone's deaths were not too gruesome. I tried to tone down the gore some (and inject a bit of humor).
Just use google translate.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
McTall - the rule loopholes refer to if you noticed anything that could be exploited or not work as designed by the rules. We found when moving weapons around in the first round that one resident was unable to pick a weapon from the two adjacent rooms for some reason (I think it was because both residents in the room next to him decided to keep their weapons). Stuff like that.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

I only saw one thing that jumped out at me as ESL. It appeared in a couple of the writeups. Frankly you write better than a good portion of Americans who have English as their first language. You are sensitive about it and that is probably why you write so well.

The ESL thing was something about knocking items "off their hand". Generally people say knock it "out of their hand" if they are clutching it like a weapon or a sandwich.

Again, don't worry about your writing. Your creativity was much, much more entertaining than anything that I could produce.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
There is definitely a huge advantage to your weapon being selected a murder weapon. It guarantees you points in the first round while those who aren't chosen are completely shooting in the dark.
I actually like that. Do you think it unfair/should change? I mean, it is still a random selection of those murder weapons, so anyone could get lucky.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I actually like that. Do you think it unfair/should change? I mean, it is still a random selection of those murder weapons, so anyone could get lucky.

TWDHS

Seriously, you should ask those who were offed in round 1. I benefitted this time so I'm not really the one to ask.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
Good God, that would be horrible! :jimlad:
147482-jennifer-love-hewitt-hot-excit-rD0S.gif

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I only saw one thing that jumped out at me as ESL. It appeared in a couple of the writeups. Frankly you write better than a good portion of Americans who have English as their first language. You are sensitive about it and that is probably why you write so well.

The ESL thing was something about knocking items "off their hand". Generally people say knock it "out of their hand" if they are clutching it like a weapon or a sandwich.

Again, don't worry about your writing. Your creativity was much, much more entertaining than anything that I could produce.
Out/off. Good point. I sometimes have trouble as well with in/on. In some cases it's easy (when it refers to inside or outside), but in other situations not so clear.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX

Thanks, Velo!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron