VikesFan5antiAIRBHG, Farnsworth, McTallerton, wxman1
PantsCoKane, +5 Bonus

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Day 8

BCCloneRulzzz, Woo, +5 Bonus, Lawman
jcycloneecstrunk, CG, KC
VelocloneCooler, CyclonesrGr8, 55dB, cycloneG, jsmith86, SaraV, NWICY, Bawbie, +6 Bonus
PantsCoKane, +10 Bonus

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Day 8 Part 2

BCCloneRulzzz, Woo, +5 Bonus, Lawman, cstrunk
VelocloneCooler, CyclonesrGr8, 55dB, cycloneG, jsmith86, SaraV, NWICY, Bawbie, jcyclonee, +6 Bonus
VikesFan5antiAIRBHG, Farnsworth, McTallerton, wxman1, KC, CG
PantsCoKane, +10 Bonus
lass="font6">+10 Bonus

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Day 9

BCCloneRulzzz, Woo, +5 Bonus, Lawman, cstrunk, wxman1, +5 bonus,
VelocloneCooler, CyclonesrGr8, 55dB, cycloneG, jsmith86, SaraV, NWICY, Bawbie, jcyclonee, VikesFan5, KC, McTallerton, +6 Bonus
PantsCoKane, CG, +5 Bonus, +5 Bonus, Farnsworth
>

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Final

BCCloneRulzzz, Woo, +5 Bonus, Lawman, cstrunk, wxman1, Farnsworth, +5 bonus, Pants, +1 Bonus
VelocloneCooler, CyclonesrGr8, 55dB, cycloneG, jsmith86, SaraV, NWICY, Bawbie, jcyclonee, VikesFan5, KC, McTallerton, CG, CoKane, theantiAIRBHG, +6 Bonus

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Day 7

BCCloneRulzzz, Woo, +5 Bonus, Lawman
jcycloneecstrunk, CG, KC
VelocloneCooler, CyclonesrGr8, 55dB, cycloneG, jsmith86, SaraV, NWICY, +6 Bonus
PantsCoKane, +5 Bonus

I was pretty much spot on with my assumptions at this point. I don't think I ever got the chance to attack after this, though, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, just as I thought, Velo started building up his arsenal quickly. Who'd have thought someone that only posts once in every other RTT thread would garner such support from RTT posters (I kid, Velo, I kid! Unless you go and disappear again now that the game is over.....)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Final

BCCloneRulzzz, Woo, +5 Bonus, Lawman, cstrunk, wxman1, Farnsworth, +5 bonus, Pants, +1 Bonus
VelocloneCooler, CyclonesrGr8, 55dB, cycloneG, jsmith86, SaraV, NWICY, Bawbie, jcyclonee, VikesFan5, KC, McTallerton, CG, CoKane, theantiAIRBHG, +6 Bonus

So so anti came in after not attaching right away and decided it?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So I should have attacked BC. Balls.

Thanks for supporting me, guys!

yes you should have. I could have won then.

Honestly, before I whacked woo, I posted an attack on you three times. All three times my phone dropped signal and I had to reenter the attack. After the third time, woo threw in the towel and I just went ahead and attacked him.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
yes you should have. I could have won then.

Honestly, before I whacked woo, I posted an attack on you three times. All three times my phone dropped signal and I had to reenter the attack. After the third time, woo threw in the towel and I just went ahead and attacked him.
Nervmind. I didn't see your +5 ghosts. I made the right decision. I wanted Velo to win so I picked him.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
So, here's what I've gathered so far on improvements that I really like:

1. No multiple runs of first round (unless we have a large number of players).
2. Keep first round deaths to 1/4 of players (instead of the 1/3 I used).
3. Use a probability randomizer for determining winner of battles (a la NBA Draft lottery).
4. Fix the issue when someone can't choose weapon in adjoining room (rare) by allowing them to pick a weapon from room further away and declaring the weapon a "rogue" weapon to the rest of the players (credit to whoever gave me that idea - forgot who it was)

On the fence about these ideas:

1. Doing trivia via PM instead of posting (allows everyone with correct answers to get a point). I did final trivia via PM, but feel all trivia via PM coming from all players might be a LOT to manage. I do like the idea of more people getting bonus ghosts, but maybe we need a time limit for them to submit answers? Otherwise, everyone will get the bonus ghosts with enough time.

2. Random battle generator - could the wheel just pick two people to randomly battle every so often? I think that would be exciting.

3. Possibility of resurrecting a player - I think this could be awesome. I just have to come up with some rules for it. Maybe somebody can sacrifice a substantial number of ghosts to bring someone back? Maybe open up the door for alliances to be formed?

4. Signup period - similar to what is done for mafia games. That way we end up with less players not participating.

5. Open up the games to people outside RTT - not sure on this one. Would like more players, but at the same time would make it harder to do write ups for players I don't know very well. What do you guys think?

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA

3. Use a probability randomizer for determining winner of battles (a la NBA Draft lottery).
4. Fix the issue when someone can't choose weapon in adjoining room (rare) by allowing them to pick a weapon from room further away and declaring the weapon a "rogue" weapon to the rest of the players (credit to whoever gave me that idea - forgot who it was)

1. Doing trivia via PM instead of posting (allows everyone with correct answers to get a point). I did final trivia via PM, but feel all trivia via PM coming from all players might be a LOT to manage. I do like the idea of more people getting bonus ghosts, but maybe we need a time limit for them to submit answers? Otherwise, everyone will get the bonus ghosts with enough time.

2. Random battle generator - could the wheel just pick two people to randomly battle every so often? I think that would be exciting.

3. Possibility of resurrecting a player - I think this could be awesome. I just have to come up with some rules for it. Maybe somebody can sacrifice a substantial number of ghosts to bring someone back? Maybe open up the door for alliances to be formed?

4. Signup period - similar to what is done for mafia games. That way we end up with less players not participating.

5. Open up the games to people outside RTT - not sure on this one. Would like more players, but at the same time would make it harder to do write ups for players I don't know very well. What do you guys think?

Done open up the game to outside posters. There's plenty of people in the thread already, and you never know what you're gonna get.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
GTO, here is my 2 cents.
1-4 sure all sound good.
1b. How about using the thread with time limit, then announce who got ghosts.
2b.After so many choose to defend random battle generator, however after the one day everyone got better about playing.
3b. Sure why not.
4b. Don't plat Mafia so I don't know.
5. Did anyone apply outside of RTT? If someone applies why not, your really creative just give them there own storyline.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.

An excellent way to add a random factor to the attacks would be to use something like this http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

To generate random attack and defense rolls. For example, if I and 5 ghosts attack someone with 2 ghosts, my attack roll would be 6d6 (randomly generated total of 6 6 sided dice) and the defenders roll would be 3d6. Highest total wins.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Boy do I feel like a schmuck. I had an advantage on every round but was still nervous about attacking my first choice when Pants chose to defend. I thought for sure that he had at the very least Nickels (sorry for doubting you!) when she was actually in my camp.
Thanks again to all the RTTers who supported this "part-time" RTTer. :notworthy:

I kind of like the idea of some sort of downside to choosing to defend. Although I think people discovered that there ultimately was a downside if you weren't already at the very bottom because without a battle victory it is harder to add ghosts.

The best part of this game (other than the aforementioned write ups by GTO) was the efforts by the majority of posters to make it fun - win or lose. Kudos to Fake Donald Trump for starters.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron