Football Scholarship Chart Tracker

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Having a 5th yr senior step in for one season would really take the pressure off our green o linemen in their first year in a new system. Campbell has said the center position is very difficult in his offense.

I'd much rather see Good Jones start as a redshirt sophomore next year

• Friendly
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
FWIW, Mackenro is now in the ISU directory. So he will indeed be a part of the team this fall. Great news. The guy looks pretty big, i wonder if the staff tries him at a linebacker position, given our depth in the secondary.

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
FWIW, Mackenro is now in the ISU directory. So he will indeed be a part of the team this fall. Great news. The guy looks pretty big, i wonder if the staff tries him at a linebacker position, given our depth in the secondary.

I have seen him listed anywhere from 5'11 - 6'1 and 175# to 205#, at the very least he should give us some options at multiple secondary positions, probably too small to play linebacker.

Last edited:

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Mike Johnson has been corrected to a RS FR from a True Sophomore.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
Has there been any more info on Eyioma Uwazurike?

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Marchie Murdock (WR- RJr) and Justin Stewart (DE-RJr) have both made it to the official roster. That leaves only Uwazurike remaining for the 2016 class.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Im not too concerned about our starters, but Im more worried about the depth behind them. Remember last year we allowed 42 sacks (though it wasn't all their fault). Is Bobek immediately eligible to play this season? and how many years can he play? Justin Good-Jones is supposed to be the starting center, but the backup to him is scroogins. So Bobek wiil hopefully back up Good-Jones on center. That is only two deep however and I would like to have a solid 3 deep. I have confidence in Manning's ability to develop players, but that will take time. The only other position that could use some help is the Linebacker corps IMO.

http://www.todaysu.com/big-12/iowa-state-cyclones/iowa-states-offensive-line-key-success-2016/

Why the hell would Good-Jones start over Bobek?? It's common for teams to be 7-8 deep on the OL, we don't need to be 15 deep. You want the same 5 playing the whole game all season. Have a swing tackle and guard in case of injury. Obviously the more the better, but 15 is overkill.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Why the hell would Good-Jones start over Bobek?? It's common for teams to be 7-8 deep on the OL, we don't need to be 15 deep. You want the same 5 playing the whole game all season. Have a swing tackle and guard in case of injury. Obviously the more the better, but 15 is overkill.
I agree. But with our OL luck, 15 may be a necessity..

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Justin Chandler isn't on scholarship? And Josh Jahlas?

CyBlitz

May 9, 2016
good-jones has been in the cmc system longer so that's why he could start at center. I'm not sure though who we would start at center. Bobek could easily go anywhere on the line. As for the depth more is better for rotation, injuries, and reducing depence on bad players. I was also including those that would only play if others get injured such as freshmen.

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Justin Chandler isn't on scholarship? And Josh Jahlas?

No, so far Chandler is still a walk-on player. I suspect we'll see an announcement soon in that regard though.

As for Jahlas, he was on scholarship for the spring but I think has moved back to walk-on status.

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
The two big additions have been added (Lima and Tongamoa). Goes a LONG ways towards shoring up that big gaping hole in the DL for '17 and '18.

Reactions: CyFy

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
good-jones has been in the cmc system longer so that's why he could start at center. I'm not sure though who we would start at center. Bobek could easily go anywhere on the line. As for the depth more is better for rotation, injuries, and reducing depence on bad players. I was also including those that would only play if others get injured such as freshmen.

JGJ isn't going to be starting center come UNI..Not a slight against him at all...Bobek is a 6th year kid who happens to be strongest player on entire team with P5 Starting center experience..If Bobek isn't starting come UNI at center then he got hurt..

I agree too that we just need 8-9 or so Big 12 ready Oline. Most teams are that way. Heck even your top college teams 3rd string isn't ready for the field yet. I think/Hope we will have an OK starting 5 with top 7 being serviceable.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
so are they technically out of scholarships to give for next year?

I'd expect them to end up at about 10 over the scholarship limit and then a good deal of attrition or pulling offers late.

CyBlitz

May 9, 2016
Im not going to worry about the scholarship limit the staff will figure it out next year just like they figured it out this year. besides there is always red shirting players to develop them or cause there injured. I am not a expert on scholarships by any means. Campbell has basically cleaned house of those with a criminal history or whatever, and I would expect that he will maintain that code of conduct.

Clone2Dbone

Dec 10, 2015
Im not going to worry about the scholarship limit the staff will figure it out next year just like they figured it out this year. besides there is always red shirting players to develop them or cause there injured. I am not a expert on scholarships by any means. Campbell has basically cleaned house of those with a criminal history or whatever, and I would expect that he will maintain that code of conduct.
So you're saying our recruiting can't compete with Baylor?