Football Scholarship Chart Tracker

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Charlie Kolar (2017 HS TE) has committed according to multiple reports on Twitter (Trey Scott first I think). That puts Iowa State on 82 for 2017.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Yeah the DL chart is scary for the following year.

Yep..in my 30 years plus following Isu football I have yet to go into a season where all stars align and we have both a solid O and D line together...Next year our Oline should be decent and our DLine will struggle..I think we could be looking at 2018 before we might actually have both and it will be that year that we lose Lazard, Lanning and possibly Warren..lol..just never happens does it.

We really need to give CMC and staff a few years..If we can land Roundtree and a coupe Juco DTs then we could be ok..depends on how well Bailey kids develop as well as Jamal Johnson.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
Yep..in my 30 years plus following Isu football I have yet to go into a season where all stars align and we have both a solid O and D line together...Next year our Oline should be decent and our DLine will struggle..I think we could be looking at 2018 before we might actually have both and it will be that year that we lose Lazard, Lanning and possibly Warren..lol..just never happens does it.

We really need to give CMC and staff a few years..If we can land Roundtree and a coupe Juco DTs then we could be ok..depends on how well Bailey kids develop as well as Jamal Johnson.

If we get a couple JUCU DT 2017 Will be one of the most complete teams we have had in a long time especially If Lazard comes back.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
If we get a couple JUCU DT 2017 Will be one of the most complete teams we have had in a long time especially If Lazard comes back.

I agree but I wouldn't worry about Lazard he need to get a lot faster yet which I think he will by senior year..but def need these juco DT to commit they are good prospects.

As for the we are at 81 right now for 2017? Yea I fully expect this class to be 22-23 kids

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Campbell will recruit until they stop saying yes and let the numbers sort themselves out later. I think we still have another year of major attrition before we can see some stabilization.

Also, has anyone else noticed how guys are starting to blow up after we are offering? Campbell might be one of the best evaluators out there, of course time will tell but all the power 5 offers usually mean great things.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ISUalways

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Alex Kleinow (2017 HS OL) has committed. Up to 5 OL commitments in this 2017 class already. I'm guessing the staff will hold out for one of the big fish remaining on their OL board.

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Jordan Ulmer (2017 HS DB) has committed. That is 3 DBs for the 2017 class (2 HS, 1 Juco). I imagine there will be more.

CyVik7

Nov 15, 2010
Altoona, IA
I'm new to this chart. Just curious what the "M", "L", and "F" letters represent next to certain names.

Thanks for putting this together! It looks great!

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
I'm new to this chart. Just curious what the "M", "L", and "F" letters represent next to certain names.

Thanks for putting this together! It looks great!

That is just me noting comments made by different media folks (Alex Halsted at Scout, Trey Scott at 247 or CW/etc on a podcast) about what positions certain players are going to be playing. "M" is that flex WR who can lineup in the backfield. "L" is the hybrid linebacker that is somewhere between a DE and a OLB. "F" is a TE who can sometimes lineup in the backfield as a FB. (from what I understand.. I could be wrong about those definitions)

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
Well there is #85 with Stewart. A good use of the scholarship for this year. Let Campbell see the team for a year before handing out an extra scholarship to a walk on.

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
2 Updates Today:

Justin Stewart (2016 JUCO DE) has committed per Twitter. Definitely fills a need (more for 2017 than 2016). Fingers crossed he can finish up his classes and qualify. That puts Iowa State right at 85 for 2016. Still 4 players (including Stewart) yet to arrive on campus so there could be more changes.

Deven Lamp (2017 HS DE) has committed also. He's rated low by 247 and Rivals but the TAMU Rivals guy (@FletchWhiteley) has been praising the commitment on Twitter:

"Steal for Iowa State. Straight up steal. Be right back. I'm calling the cops."
"Bold prediction on Deven Lamp: He will be at double digit offers and a lot of schools will come calling in December."

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Quran Hafiz (2017 HS DB) has committed via Twitter. Big get. Had 13+ Power 5 offers. As always, nothing is "official" until Feb 2017.

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Caleb Chandler (2017 HS OL) has decided to re-open his commitment. Major bummer.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Caleb Chandler (2017 HS OL) has decided to re-open his commitment. Major bummer.
I don't get why we track commits at all, it is never done until they sign in Feb..... At least we are still in his top 5 after deciding to take a few visits....

CyBlitz

May 9, 2016
He should try to get a OG with experience, because that is the number one need IMO