The Hex - CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
If you don't have access to BeIN Sports, you might want to see if NBC Universo is an option. There's a Spanish language broadcast on that network, but I'm not sure if there's an SAP feature for English commentary.

cyclones7

May 17, 2010
If you don't have access to BeIN Sports, you might want to see if NBC Universo is an option. There's a Spanish language broadcast on that network, but I'm not sure if there's an SAP feature for English commentary.

Ok. thanks. I will keep looking around.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Shag do you think that we need to take Jones off now? I believe we are playing with fire now the longer thus match stays tied and Jones is out there on a yellow

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Well if the yellow on Jones wasnt enough the turnover is Jones must come off. Bradley's passing just before didnt help matters but what in the hell Jones

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Jermaine Jones with a turnover at Costa Rica that leads to a goal. Add "In the Hex" to the previous sentence if you want. He had an awful first half in 2013 down there and this is more of the same.

Jones and Chandler have been awful. They need off. Where did the little bit of speed Chandler had go?

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
The midfield passing on the goal was bad. But Omar was ridiculously lazy on closing down Bolanos in the corner. Just really, really horrid. Maybe he was worried about getting torched in a 1v1 challenge after Mexico, but you've got to get in his face and not just let him pick out a guy running into the box. Brooks deserves some blame too for not challenging that run better, but I still think Omar's hesitation turned that bad situation into a disaster.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I am baffled why Kljestan hasn't played. The best we've looked in recent memory was when him and Pulisic were combining.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytasticlone

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
I think it was thatguy that talked about Cameron at D-mid earlier. I've always been a huge fan of that idea. He's looked great at Stoke when they've used him in that role. Jones is so much of a wildcard out there that I think Bradley spends too much time reacting to what/where/how Jones is playing.

I know Klinsmann likes Jermaine's "nastiness" but if you watch Cameron in the EPL he's plenty nasty when playing in the midfield. I'd also argue that Cameron isn't likely to have the WTF moments that JJ gives you. I doubt we ever see it, but I'd love to see Birnbaum and Brooks at center mid with Cameron at d-mid.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Klinsmann's tactics and selections have been completely wrong. I'm ready for him to go.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
I am baffled why Kljestan hasn't played. The best we've looked in recent memory was when him and Pulisic were combining.

He's not nasty enough. Klinsmann is obsessed with guys that run fast, stomp on feet, and play with their hair on fire and not in a good way. He has no tactical solutions, his solution for everything is try harder.

Help Support Us

Become a patron