Cyclone Squad 17 Cyning Day Thread

Cyclone11

Aug 29, 2016
Probably because we have not had a lot of good recruits out of Texas lately since Ellis Hobbs, yet Coach Campbell could go into Ohio and other big ten territory get some overlooked players like the Jones/Montegomery. Lately we have had a lot of busts from Texas, with like of the Duran "the duck" Holis, Jared B, Martinez Syria etc. We have gotten some good ones from Cali and Florida too.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
It's probably been discussed but is there still room for Onyemaobi?
Looks like he's announcing at 3pm CST. Most are leaning TCU but I thought ISU had been in a good spot with him.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Probably because we have not had a lot of good recruits out of Texas lately since Ellis Hobbs, yet Coach Campbell could go into Ohio and other big ten territory get some overlooked players like the Jones/Montegomery. Lately we have had a lot of busts from Texas, with like of the Duran "the duck" Holis, Jared B, Martinez Syria etc. We have gotten some good ones from Cali and Florida too.
Duran Hollis was actually pretty good. He just couldn't keep himself on the field. I think we took a lot of risky players to improve talent. It didn't seem to work out that well.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Tongamoa officially signed

6682746.gif

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
I agree, it was such a contrast from CPR's maps is why I posted.

Reactions: Cyclone11

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I remember Coach Rhoads bragging about the fact that they didn't lose any commits by signing day. I doubt if Coach Campbell was even concerned about it.

Coach Campbell seems much more like the "flipper" than the "flippee."

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
IIRC correctly Campbell himself has stated he wants ISU to be the Big 12 choice for midwest kids. I'm not surprised by the lack of TX recruits knowing his backgorund. I think he wants to keep his current recruiting inroads for when he's the HC @ tOSU...HA!

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Finally!!! Big Boy alongside Lima in that middle is just awesome to think about. Nothing a QB hates more then early pressure up the middle and if we can get Bailey in the mix - might be able to play as a freshman off the edge.... Great play up the middle allows LB to play free - HELLO Mr Vance!!!! BTW - look at that pic of him, 6'-5" and 290-300 pds, dude is lean and mean!!!!

Welcome Aboard Kamilo - glad to have you as a part of the family!!!!

http://247sports.com/player/kamilo-tongamoa-81648

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
It's probably been discussed but is there still room for Onyemaobi?
Looks like he's announcing at 3pm CST. Most are leaning TCU but I thought ISU had been in a good spot with him.

Nebraska or TCU