Iowa Football Recruiting

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
ISU has more proven depth for sure but I would take their back, Wadley, over any of ours in a New York minute.

I’m not sure if you know what Iowa returns and doesn’t return. Here is what Iowa has coming back.

Iowa has 5 OL starters returning that won the Joe Moore award this year Myers, Render, Daniels, Welsh, Boettger,
Iowa has Wadley returning at RB
Iowa has Vandeberg and Smith at WR coming back
Iowa has 3 guys who started at DE returning in Hesse, and the Nelson’s
Iowa has Bazata at DL returning
Iowa has all 3 starting LB coming back Jewell, Bowers and Neiman
Iowa has 2 starting safeties returning in Taylor and Snyder

Overall Iowa has 8 returning offensive starters and 8 returning defensive starters from a 8 win team.

What is ISU returning, as I don’t know outside of Park, RB, & WR? ISU really needs to develop on the LOS, what do they have coming back at those spots? PS, I certainly agree that Wadley is better than anything ISU has at RB

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I’m not sure if you know what Iowa returns and doesn’t return. Here is what Iowa has coming back.

Iowa has 5 OL starters returning that won the Joe Moore award this year Myers, Render, Daniels, Welsh, Boettger,

Overall Iowa has 8 returning offensive starters and 8 returning defensive starters from a 8 win team.

What is ISU returning, as I don’t know outside of Park, RB, & WR? ISU really needs to develop on the LOS, what do they have coming back at those spots? PS, I certainly agree that Wadley is better than anything ISU has at RB

Every QB on the depth chart returns, top 3 running backs, 5 out of the top 6 WR.
2 returning regular starting OL, two grad transfers who have started games for USC and Michigan, and tight ends who have played a lot.

Two defensive lineman who have started a lot, 4 out of top 5 linebackers, starting corner, both safeties, and both guys who play the "STAR" position.

Next question.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Every QB on the depth chart returns, top 3 running backs, 5 out of the top 6 WR.
2 returning regular starting OL, two grad transfers who have started games for USC and Michigan, and tight ends who have played a lot.

Two defensive lineman who have started a lot, 4 out of top 5 linebackers, starting corner, both safeties, and both guys who play the "STAR" position.

Next question.

All of those players started? I only listed player who were starters. If you wanna talk about players who got into games, that changes things.

Iowa has a 6th OL who started games and played
The QB got into games
Fant is a future star at TE and played a lot last year.
Both Iowa’s new starting CB have played games, even started games
Iowa got time for it’s new DL player as well.

There isn’t a spot on the field for Iowa that doesn’t return a player who got time in games last year.

I was really more interested in how many players for ISU were starter quality and started multiple games that are returning

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
All of those players started? I only listed player who were starters. If you wanna talk about players who got into games, that changes things.

Iowa has a 6th OL who started games and played
The QB got into games
Fant is a future star at TE and played a lot last year.
Both Iowa’s new starting CB have played games, even started games
Iowa got time for it’s new DL player as well.

There isn’t a spot on the field for Iowa that doesn’t return a player who got time in games last year.

I was really more interested in how many players for ISU were starter quality and started multiple games that are returning

Every player I was talking about has started multiple games.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Every player I was talking about has started multiple games.

My bad then. I didn't realize ISU started 3 different RB and 6 different WR and every QB on the depth chart. I didn't realize the TE who played a lot means they started. I also didn't know the grad transfers started for USC and Michigan last year.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
My bad then. I didn't realize ISU started 3 different RB and 6 different WR and every QB on the depth chart. I didn't realize the TE who played a lot means they started. I also didn't know the grad transfers started for USC and Michigan last year.

My bad, I didn't realize that every important player on a team had to be on the field for the first play of the game.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Who's Smith?

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
You guys calm down.

images

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wirfs sure looks to be a future big time tackle for Iowa. He certainly looks the part after watching him in the state wrestling tourney.

You serious, Clark? He could have and should have dominated the heavyweight match. We thought he was a physical specimen but the Atlantic heavy was able to stay lower and keep up with him. Wirfs is a project from what I saw. Will he be offense or defense? From what I saw, he would translate into a Olineman better than Dline.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
For ISU, it comes down to line development and improvement from last year. Iowa it's the change of OC and new quarterback.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I just listed the Iowa kids who were returning who started, and asked for the same on ISU.

2 QBs who started multiple games
2 RBs who started multiple games
Several WR who started multiple games
Tight end who started multiple games
2 OL who started multiple games
2 OL who started multiple games at other D1 programs

2 DL who started multiple games
2 starting LB
1 starting CB
3 Safeties who started multiple games
1 'STAR' starter.

Do you want me a o list it out for you?

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
2 QBs who started multiple games
2 RBs who started multiple games
Several WR who started multiple games
Tight end who started multiple games
2 OL who started multiple games
2 OL who started multiple games at other D1 programs

2 DL who started multiple games
2 starting LB
1 starting CB
3 Safeties who started multiple games
1 'STAR' starter.

Do you want me a o list it out for you?

Thanks, this is helpful.

Do you think that some of the starters get jumped by young Campbell recruits? Also is it a given that the OL transfer will start? If they transferred I assume they didn't start or play at USC or Michigan, doesn't ISU have some kids in the program currently who could beat them out?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Thanks, this is helpful.

Do you think that some of the starters get jumped by young Campbell recruits? Also is it a given that the OL transfer will start? If they transferred I assume they didn't start or play at USC or Michigan, doesn't ISU have some kids in the program currently who could beat them out?

Who is Smith at WR?

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Thanks, this is helpful.

It's hard to say what will happen with the RS Freshman. They are excited about them though.

I think eventually this season on offense we will see both RS Fr Tight Ends play a lot, Martin at WR, and potentially a few OL.

On defense, a few RS Fr will see time at every level.

As for the grad transfer OL, I would guess that they will be starters. At the very least they give us experienced depth. It's safe to say our most talented O-Linemen are underclassmen (other than Campos) so it's important to bridge that gap of youth.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Thanks, this is helpful.

Also, you'll find that I'm quite easy to have rational conversations with (as I'm not a Hawkeye hater) as long as you are reasonable.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It's hard to say what will happen with the RS Freshman. They are excited about them though.

I think eventually this season on offense we will see both RS Fr Tight Ends play a lot, Martin at WR, and potentially a few OL.

On defense, a few RS Fr will see time at every level.

As for the grad transfer OL, I would guess that they will be starters. At the very least they give us experienced depth. It's safe to say our most talented O-Linemen are underclassmen (other than Campos) so it's important to bridge that gap of youth.

Are you including campos in your starters? If not, you definitely should.

SportsFan10

Feb 14, 2017
You serious, Clark? He could have and should have dominated the heavyweight match. We thought he was a physical specimen but the Atlantic heavy was able to stay lower and keep up with him. Wirfs is a project from what I saw. Will he be offense or defense? From what I saw, he would translate into a Olineman better than Dline.
OL. From what I understand, he just started wrestling last year and missed time this year due to football stuff (Army All-American Bowl). His size and athleticism you can't teach, and I think he has the starters kit to be a hell of a tackle or guard at Iowa in a few years.