KU Police investigating report of teenage girl raped at KU’s McCarthy Hall

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Of course it is, for me and you, but student athletes on university scholarships, that are governed by the NCAA, are a bit different. Especially when it involves a kid that, a year from now, will be making millions.

The way I understand it, the deal never went through, so you probably can't get punished for plans, but there's a lot questions that arise. Like, who was going to pay the money? Jackson? Jackson's family? Or, more likely Scott Boatman? An attorney that represents professional athletes, and is likely to have many benefits from Jackson when he gets drafted.
Believe it or not but not every black basketball player is from the ghetto with jailed crack addicts for parents.

And doesnt every college kid who gets in legal trouble and who has supportive parents hire a lawyer and try to get out of it with no charges on their record? This isnt some nefarious, illegal back room deal.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Tuco, if Bill knew about the Josh law breaking incident earlier, why did he wait for the tournament to suspend? Wasn't it because his personal 13 year run at beating UCLA's streak was more important than discipline?

Last edited:

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Tuco, if Bill knew about the Josh law breaking incident earlier, why did he wait for the tournament to suspend? Wasn't it because his personal 13 year run at beating UCLA streak was more important than discipline?
In Self's statement on Wednesday of this week, he stated that Josh did not tell him about the issue until Monday of this week.

Besides, KU win the Big 12 by four games. Jackson could have sat the last 4 games of the season and we still would have tied since none of those games were against the teams that finished 2nd.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Wow. Like how the gal gets immediately suspended and then not because Self ain't suspending anyone on his end. JFC, losing all respect for Self. Never liked the smug SOB much but didn't think he was a total ****.

As to Calvert, how is she going to be able to stay at KU after all of this. Can you image how she must be getting treated. And she is stuck since she already transferred. I wonder is the NCAA would grant her a hardship transfer. They should.

And not trolling for Tuco here, I put his sorry postings on ignore a long time ago.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
And all that slime smells when the client has no money to pay for it.
And another person who must have knowledge of the Jackson family finances. Is it because he and his family are black that you assume they don't have any money?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Wow. Like how the gal gets immediately suspended and then not because Self ain't suspending anyone on his end. JFC, losing all respect for Self. Never liked the smug SOB much but didn't think he was a total ****.

As to Calvert, how is she going to be able to stay at KU after all of this. Can you image how she must be getting treated. And she is stuck since she already transferred. I wonder is the NCAA would grant her a hardship transfer. They should.

And not trolling for Tuco here, I put his sorry postings on ignore a long time ago.
If the women's coach has the same policy as the mens coach, then Calvert was suspended after this incident due to the fact that it was her 2nd incident (the previous bring a hit and run charge last August).

She was not suspended for her first problem (same as Jackson) but was for her second (same as Jackson). The only diffetence is that Jackson's mom didn't call and complain to get him out of the suspension. He actually served his suspension.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Tuco and Ku have mastered the term plausible deniability. It's why Frank no longer coaches at K-State.
So you're saying that Self made a public statement about Jackson that reflects negatively on Jackson (that he did not properly report the incident to Self) even though both he and Jackson would know it to be a lie just so KU didnt have to suspend Jackson for one game in a regular season that KU won by four games?

THAT'S your theory?!?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Believe it or not but not every black basketball player is from the ghetto with jailed crack addicts for parents.

And doesnt every college kid who gets in legal trouble and who has supportive parents hire a lawyer and try to get out of it with no charges on their record? This isnt some nefarious, illegal back room deal.
Who said that?

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012

Lol, way to distract from the story by trying to drag race into this. Did I say anywhere his family was poor?

Your right parents do hire a lawyer, or most probably have some type of family lawyer already, however very few have a lawyer that also represents professional athletes. There's nothing directly NCAA illegal about that, but only you and other KU fans can not see that it's pretty obvious they're working off future earnings. Actually, I'm certain you can all connect the dots, however you just refuse too.

This smells similar to the Cliff Alexander ordeal. Probably no money changing hands, but something like "hey, Mr. Lawyer, make this go away, and you'll be our guy after Jackson is done with college, and making millions in the NBA."

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Of course it is, for me and you, but student athletes on university scholarships, that are governed by the NCAA, are a bit different. Especially when it involves a kid that, a year from now, will be making millions.

The way I understand it, the deal never went through, so you probably can't get punished for plans, but there's a lot questions that arise. Like, who was going to pay the money? Jackson? Jackson's family? Or, more likely Scott Boatman? An attorney that represents professional athletes, and is likely to have many benefits from Jackson when he gets drafted.

Who was going to pay $1,000? Because he is black his family doesn't have money?

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
What is it with people turning this into race? Did you read the article?

Yeah, just weird thing to say. His mom can certainly pay for it. It also doesn't have to be paid all at once if Josh wanted to pay for it himself they could have had said he until x date to pay it. Seems like an odd thing to jump to that there must be something shady about who is paying it.