I have a little More Respect For Peter Jok

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

You're not going to believe me no matter what. But I feel confident that this is the case. It really doesn't matter since he has done great things for the Hawks. But in his heart he would have rather played for Fred/Prohm and with Monte, Matt, and Naz.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
You're not going to believe me no matter what. But I feel confident that this is the case. It really doesn't matter since he has done great things for the Hawks. But in his heart he would have rather played for Fred/Prohm and with Monte, Matt, and Naz.
And I know you won't believe me, but I know Burton would have rather played with uthoff and co.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
He committed to Iowa shortly after Fred told him he couldn't come to ISU anymore. That is the fact. I can't believe some people don't remember how this all went down? Jok would take tons of unofficial visits up to ISU. In fact, I remember a lot of ISU fans saying they weren't sure they wanted him because of his bad (injured feet) and very poor defense.

He turned out to be pretty darn good though.... offensively anyway.

JOk wanted to be a cyclone.

Jok's recruiting rankings were nearly on par with Barnes prior to his injury. Seems like it was during his Sophomore year at Roosevelt.

Some of it may be off, but this is pretty much how I remember things going down. He was noticed when he was still very young. After the injury we didn't hear much about recruiting him anymore.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Compare that tweet to the one below. Classy gesture by Jok.

A thread that people are saying good things about an Iowa player and you gotta try and troll.

mccabe-1.jpg

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
I didn't know Niang and Co. hung out with them that much. That's cool to know.

On a side note, it'd be nice if this thread didn't turn into a total *****-fest. An Iowa player did something nice. Tried to give him props. There's no need to bring in Lazard about this.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I didn't know Niang and Co. hung out with them that much. That's cool to know.

On a side note, it'd be nice if this thread didn't turn into a total *****-fest. An Iowa player did something nice. Tried to give him props. There's no need to bring in Lazard about this.
The ***** fest is gonna happen because some of the same trolls always try and do that.
Niang has spoken well of Woodbury and Uthoff lately as well.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Clarifying some Jok info. Had big time colleges recruiting him as an 8th grader. Played at Roosevelt freshman and sophomore years. Played one of those years with a torn ligamemt- thought it was tendinitis. Transfered to Valley and played for Jeff Horner. Isu has to stop recruiting when Fred walked into an aau game to watch his daughter and Lefty Moore who was part of McDermott new staff that he hired right before he left was there watching Jok - against ncaa rules. Isu self reported and stopped recruiting Jok.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
I had heard that he was Iowa's to lose, that ISU backed off and went after someone's else (don't remember who) as Pete was going to Iowa. Maybe that isn't right, but that is what I had heard.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Iowa State stopped recruiting Jok because Lefty Moore didn't follow the rules. We were thought to be in good shape to get him but I don't remember if we were necessarily his favorite.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

imnclone

Oct 22, 2006
Iowa State stopped recruiting Jok because Lefty Moore didn't follow the rules. We were thought to be in good shape to get him but I don't remember if we were necessarily his favorite.

ISU wasn't option after the Moore incident

http://collegebasketball.ap.org/article/good-intentions-backfire-iowa-st-ncaa-case

"Otherwise, Moore's coaching career was looking up. He had worked as an assistant for the Iowa Energy, an NBA developmental league team. He was also head coach for a 15- and 16-year-old AAU team based in Ames, the All-Iowa Attack. He had developed a particularly close relationship with Des Moines standout Peter Jok, who was already drawing interest from Iowa State and other colleges."

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I think it's funny that most fans think next year will be even better wo Jok. They have no idea how much they'll miss him and how his shooting opened everything up for others.
They keep signing big men and barely hAve any guards.

Help Support Us

Become a patron