RECRUITING: Elijah Brown to Oregon

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
There is a chance Gonzaga doesn't make the tournament next year. They lose a ton. Mathews, Karnowski, Williams-Goss, Collins, and maybe Williams.

Do they ever NOT make the tournament though? They basically own their conference. Even in a down year they can probably make it.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Getting some new information on Brown: Now hearing Iowa State and Oregon at the top ... and it's a wait and see on Gonzaga.

The overall thought here is that Brown's dad's relationship with Mark few made the Zags the leader. BUT, it sounds like the lure of playing in the Pac-12 or Big 12 is important to Brown himself.

This is really a guessing game. I think it could be any of the three. But it's contrasting information to what I shared earlier so I thought I would get it out there.

Thanks for the insight and update CW.

Bonus props for getting this tread back on track.

And it does look like playing in a bigger conference and proving himself is important to him as some of us speculated.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I always find it amusing when CF staff comes back into a thread that has went well off the rails with some new, pertinent information towards the original topic.

Their journalistic integrity next to our lies, damned lies, statistics, baseless speculation, lineups, GIFs, bad photoshop contests, and chicken little-ism is pretty funny.

Last edited:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I always find it amusing with CF staff comes back into a thread that has went well off the rails with some new, pertinent information towards the original topic.

Their journalistic integrity next to our lies, damned lies, statistics, baseless speculation, lineups, GIFs, bad photoshop contests, and chicken little-ism is pretty funny.

You make all that sound like a bad thing.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
All work and no play makes Stu a dull boy.

"We're going to make a new rule. When you come in here and you hear me typing or whether you don't hear me typing, or whatever the **** you hear me doing; when I'm in here, it means that I am working. That means don't come in. Now, do you think you can handle that?"

Reactions: cyhiphopp

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Yeah, true, but I think St. Marys returns their best players and might be the favorite for the conference depending on who gonzaga fills out the roster with.

Discounting the Zags because of what they lost is like discounting ISU for what we lost with GN. Recruiting and coaching will see great programs through. And while I'm not a Zags fan, they are a great program and have earned it over the years. Won't opine on the color of their blood.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I always find it amusing with CF staff comes back into a thread that has went well off the rails with some new, pertinent information towards the original topic.

tumblr_inline_o6xuv2lszW1r2pb4k_500.gif

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Discounting the Zags because of what they lost is like discounting ISU for what we lost with GN. Recruiting and coaching will see great programs through. And while I'm not a Zags fan, they are a great program and have earned it over the years. Won't opine on the color of their blood.

Not really. If they lose all those guys they will be in a similar situation as ISU right now.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Yes, we get it. Gonzaga is amazing.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Getting some new information on Brown: Now hearing Iowa State and Oregon at the top ... and it's a wait and see on Gonzaga.

The overall thought here is that Brown's dad's relationship with Mark few made the Zags the leader. BUT, it sounds like the lure of playing in the Pac-12 or Big 12 is important to Brown himself.

This is really a guessing game. I think it could be any of the three. But it's contrasting information to what I shared earlier so I thought I would get it out there.

A more positive change than what was previously posted. If ISU and UO are even, having a great relationship with Jackson certainly doesn't hurt.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

As a player I would hate to play against those scrub teams all year. Winning is fun but I've always thought that sounded like a drag. Obviously they aren't all scrubs but I'd much rather play on a big stage if I had talent.