RECRUITING: Elijah Brown to Oregon

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Coming into this thread hoping for news on Brown.

zGHQb4O.gif

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
You didn't say anything about the "great" road conditions in Spokane. I am glad he isn't here during hoopfest though.

I look forward to when our roads go from $hitty to merely unacceptable but I'm not holding my breath. I kinda know what Bosnia was like during the war after this winter!

Reactions: isuclone89

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
I did additional research. Stu has always been at Iowa State.

View attachment 47567

All work and no play makes Stu a dull boy.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I guess what I meant about being more familiar is just being on the west coast. Weather, people etc.

That's where I was heading with my post. Absolute distance may or may not be a factor, but being comfortable in a particular region could be at play too. I have no clue what is driving his decision, so all we can do is speculate.

I'm NOT a Zags fan but I completely understand why top tier kids want to play here and have done very well in Few's system, in this community and with the Gonzaga Jesuit culture.

Reactions: isutrevman

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I think he would have spent more time growing up in Cleveland than on the West Coast. And the last 3-4 years in New Mexico.

Spokane is the same dot on the map as Ames. Neither school is being looked at based on the wonderful weather conditions or local dining scene.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I always thought it would be cool for a team to do real throwback uniforms. Belt, Short Shorts, and all. Not the current version of the throw back. Guessing that team would not be real successful recruiting Brown. See how I tied in both the uniforms and the thread this is about. Going to go ahead and pat myself on the back.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Getting some new information on Brown: Now hearing Iowa State and Oregon at the top ... and it's a wait and see on Gonzaga.

The overall thought here is that Brown's dad's relationship with Mark few made the Zags the leader. BUT, it sounds like the lure of playing in the Pac-12 or Big 12 is important to Brown himself.

This is really a guessing game. I think it could be any of the three. But it's contrasting information to what I shared earlier so I thought I would get it out there.

Stereotype

Apr 23, 2017
Getting some new information on Brown: Now hearing Iowa State and Oregon at the top ... and it's a wait and see on Gonzaga.

The overall thought here is that Brown's dad's relationship with Mark few made the Zags the leader. BUT, it sounds like the lure of playing in the Pac-12 or Big 12 is important to Brown himself.

This is really a guessing game. I think it could be any of the three. But it's contrasting information to what I shared earlier so I thought I would get it out there.

Has there been a set date for a Gonzaga visit?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

No info on how long Stu has been at Iowa State College also known as Ames. Fail.

Next time please try to stay on topic.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009

So Brown might be down for focus town?