RECRUITING: Randy Onwausaor

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
It would be a good get as far as adding some depth but I don't think it is a big loss if they don't get him. He played on a horrible team last year in a not so good conference. He played two years at Tech and didn't do anything and it isn't like tech was loaded when he was there. He also isn't a good shooter.

I guess Prohm, Few and Frank Martin are dumb for wanting him.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
No, I don't think they are dumb, not sure why you would say that? Like I said, he would be a good option off the bench. But I don't think it is a big deal if ISU targets him and doesn't get him. It is a player's market right now if you are available and are decent.

I don't think anyone is saying it will be a big deal if we DON'T get him (although I'm sure someone will freak out if he goes somewhere else), but it would be a big deal if we DO get him.

NewClone09

Jan 7, 2009
Ames, IA
Randy would only go to a program where is expecting to start. He has to many options of where to play and will want exposure for a chance to play professionally.
If he were to come to Ames, I assume he'd take Babb's spot in the lineup. Prohm would go small and add another shooter on the perimeter.

Perhaps, though I seriously doubt he would as he only averaged 4 points at TT his sophomore year. Good numbers at S. Utah don't impress me much as I had never heard of it before this thread. But since you're Jansma, I should entertain the idea. I just don't see him replacing Babb, who's hurdles appear to be mental/confidence (surmountable) and has some experience in the system/with the (few) guys. If RO shot better from the perimeter and seemed like less of a volume scorer, I might agree more.

If anyone can find good highlights, please post!

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Oh god please yes please..exactly what we need..straight up 3pt shooter...IMO this would be far bigger impact for 2017.

His stats say "scorer" more than they say "shooter". To me we don't use the "shooter" label just because some one takes a lot of shots, we call them that because they make a high percentage of the shots they take.

• Winner
Reactions: Stereotype

isu83

May 5, 2010
Perhaps, though I seriously doubt he would as he only averaged 4 points at TT his sophomore year. Good numbers at S. Utah don't impress me much as I had never heard of it before this thread. But since you're Jansma, I should entertain the idea. I just don't see him replacing Babb, who's hurdles appear to be mental/confidence (surmountable) and has some experience in the system/with the (few) guys. If RO shot better from the perimeter and seemed like less of a volume scorer, I might agree more.

If anyone can find good highlights, please post!
What did Thomas average as a soph?

NewClone09

Jan 7, 2009
Ames, IA
What did Thomas average as a soph?

Don't think RO was playing behind/with scoring options like Niang, Morris, Nader, BDJ, McKay, Hogue and Naz. 4.9 points is good when you have those other options. TT was garbage and RO still played 18 mpg.

To be clear, I'd love to add him, I just was explaining in my previous post that I don't think he would start off the bat.

• Funny
Reactions: zmjames6
L

LincolnWay187

giphy.gif

We want Randy.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Update on this: Sounds like Iowa State isn't going to pursue anymore.

My guess at this point is that Iowa State will roll with 12 in 2017-18 in hopes that having one open comes in handy at some point.

Always good to have an open scholarship for a mid year kid. Less options at that time but also a lot less competition.