OK - who wins the game on Sept. 9th ?

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Typical Clone fan, would rather lose 38-35 than win 13-10.
Well jeez, I never said I'd rather lose than win. Put some more words in my mouth why don't ya'.

Big 12 football is the boring product IMO. So little talent on those defenses- it is tough to watch all the missed tackles and blown coverages.
Seems like a good time to remind everyone here that the Big 10 has not scored in the CFP in, what, two full seasons? -- As well as getting BTFO by the opposing team's offense each time.

The Big 12 has scored more points in the CFP during that timeframe, with 1 less team in it. You've also already seen the tweet about bowl game points allowed by conference, so I won't repost that.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Well jeez, I never said I'd rather lose than win. Put some more words in my mouth why don't ya'.

Seems like a good time to remind everyone here that the Big 10 has not scored in the CFP in, what, two full seasons? -- As well as getting BTFO by the opposing team's offense each time.

The Big 12 has scored more points in the CFP during that timeframe, with 1 less team in it. You've also already seen the tweet about bowl game points allowed by conference, so I won't repost that.
I haven't seen it.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017

Derp
colbert-the-word-cherry-picking.gif

So only 5 games all season count? Derp!

The Big12 had zero top 50 defenses and only 1 top 70 defense. YiKES!

• Dislike
Reactions: Rural

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
3, 17, 20, 21, 9, 44 (24 in regulation), 7, 3, 5, 15, 17, 23, 10, 21, 36, 17, 24, 17

Those are the points scored by ISU since Ferentz became head coach. 16 PPG average over the last 18 years in regulation.

The Clone fans who think ISU is just gonna run up and down the field on Iowa don’t even understand the history of this series even when ISU has been competitive. If ISU scores more than 24 points in regulation it will be only the second time they have done that during the Ferentz Era.

For those reasons I predict Iowa will win 27-20.

How many of those games has ISU won? Woof! Firekirk.com.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
How many of those games has ISU won? Woof! Firekirk.com.

14 Bowl appearances, 2 conference titles, 3 BCS bowl game appearance, and 5 top 10 finishes.

Is Ferentz perfect? Obviously not, but I certainly like the body of work done by Ferentz. Clone fans are the ones who only care about Suoer Bowl results. Worse thing that happened for Clone fans was Rhoads beating Iowa. It got him at least 1 additional year and possible two before he got canned.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
14 Bowl appearances, 2 conference titles, 3 BCS bowl game appearance, and 5 top 10 finishes.

Is Ferentz perfect? Obviously not, but I certainly like the body of work done by Ferentz. Clone fans are the ones who only care about Suoer Bowl results. Worse thing that happened for Clone fans was Rhoads beating Iowa. It got him at least 1 additional year and possible two before he got canned.

But it's ISU. We're one of the worst programs in the nation. If Ferentz was .500 against MAC school over that same sample size would you still want him as your coach?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
QUOTE="CyTwins, post: 5795585, member: 9368"]You don't even know if Stanley is the starter[/QUOTE]

You are just ridiculous. You have been banned from here multiple times. But Iowa state fans are the only ones who care.

• Winner
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Derp
colbert-the-word-cherry-picking.gif

So only 5 games all season count? Derp!

The Big12 had zero top 50 defenses and only 1 top 70 defense. YiKES!
I was more concerned about how poorly the Big 10 performed when it mattered most over how well the Big 12 did. 30 PA in the biggest games of the season, with a whole season's body of work building up to them? #Elite

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
wrong.

What's funny is when the Big 12 scores a lot...there is no talent on defense. Does that mean the big tin has no talent on offense since they don't score? How about the ACC and PAC 12 who score about the same as the Big 12? No talent on defense there?

The Big 12 has no talent on defense not because the offenses score a lot but because they actually have no talent on defense. The NFL agrees with that.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I was more concerned about how poorly the Big 10 performed when it mattered most over how well the Big 12 did. 30 PA in the biggest games of the season, with a whole season's body of work building up to them? #Elite

I wouldn't call meaningless bowl games 'when it mattered most'. But that's just me. Playoff games? sure.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa definitely has more talent at CB. Both Rugamba and Jackson are superb talents. Iowa's fourth string CB turned down an offer from Michigan to play at Iowa. That says a lot.

And at QB, outside of Park, Iowa State doesn't have much talent at all.

Brian Peavy is more proven than both of those two combined.

Lol QB depth!!!

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
Brian Peavy is more proven than both of those two combined.

Lol QB depth!!!

And both Jackson and Rugamba are more likely to play in the NFL than Peavy. Also, Rugamba has the lowest passer rating against of any returning DB in the Big Ten. Coming from someone who thought Mike Warren was better than Akrum Wadley because stats!!!!, I think I'll stick with my opinion that Jackson and Rugamba are better talents than anyone Iowa State has to offer. Although Peavy is pretty good for a lil feller.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
And both Jackson and Rugamba are more likely to play in the NFL than Peavy. Also, Rugamba has the lowest passer rating against of any returning DB in the Big Ten. Coming from someone who thought Mike Warren was better than Akrum Wadley because stats!!!!, I think I'll stick with my opinion that Jackson and Rugamba are better talents than anyone Iowa State has to offer. Although Peavy is pretty good for a lil feller.

Rugamba had 13 tackles last year. Get out of here. Peavy has HM all conference his first two years and is a preseason second teamer going into this year. You're better off talking about QB depth.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

TBT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2014
WDM, IA
Iowa definitely has more talent at CB. Both Rugamba and Jackson are superb talents. Iowa's fourth string CB turned down an offer from Michigan to play at Iowa. That says a lot.

And at QB, outside of Park, Iowa State doesn't have much talent at all.

In all my years of searching, I have found it. At last I have found it.

Look and behold all! The dumbest ******* comment on the internet.

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
Rugamba had 13 tackles last year. Get out of here. Peavy has HM all conference his first two years and is a preseason second teamer going into this year. You're better off talking about QB depth.

And both of Iowa's starting CB's are more talented than him. It's not their fault they were stuck behind a pair of 3+ year starters who are currently tearing it up in NFL camps.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
And both of Iowa's starting CB's are more talented than him. It's not their fault they were stuck behind a pair of 3+ year starters who are currently tearing it up in NFL camps.

A guy with 13 career tackles is better than someone who was all conference his freshman and sophomore year because you say so. Lol got it.