Brody Teske Rumor

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Full disclosure... I'm a basketball guy. I don't follow wrestling close but do like to see the Cyclones do well. I know nothing of the situation with Teske and Penn State, just posting because I'm curious.

I ran into a guy from Ft. Dodge today, I had an Iowa State logo on my shirt and he struck up a conversation with me about the football program and the direction it was heading. We chatted about how Campbell seems to having things trending in the right direction, good recruiting, etc. Then he says "Hey, did you hear about Brody Teske?" Not really being in the know with wrestling, I just said that I knew he's the stud from Ft. Dodge and going to wrestle for Cael.

This is where I'm interested to hear what people that follow wrestling think...
He claimed that Teske is going to decommit from PSU and wants to go to Iowa State because Sanderson told him they wouldn't recruit anyone else at his weight. He claimed they are recruiting others at his weight and Teske doesn't like that they broke their word. I asked him how he heard that and he wouldn't say. Just that his source was "very reliable".

I hate to be "that guy" but i'm curious. Is any of that about recruiting others for the same weight even true? This guy was a big Iowa wrestling fan and I personally think he's probably full of it and just wanted to get a Cyclone fan all giddy... even though I have no deep passion for ISU wrestling. But I guess he was convincing enough for me (as someone who knows jack about wrestling) to post ha. Anyway, he's probably full of it but he seemed really confident in his source and thought it would become public within the next few weeks.

Like I said, I don't want to be the "I heard from my grandma's, hair dresser's, sister's, mechanic..." guy and I'm fully ready to take the heat from spreading the rumor... but I was just curious what people that know things thought.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
I have a hard time believing that considering he's signed with Penn State... I suppose he could try and ask out but would seem unlikely.

That being said, if that were true that would amazing and I'd take it in a heartbeat!

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
I have a hard time believing that considering he's signed with Penn State... I suppose he could try and ask out but would seem unlikely.

That being said, if that were true that would amazing and I'd take it in a heartbeat!
I too have a hard time believing it but figured I would post anyway.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Full disclosure... I'm a basketball guy. I don't follow wrestling close but do like to see the Cyclones do well. I know nothing of the situation with Teske and Penn State, just posting because I'm curious.

I ran into a guy from Ft. Dodge today, I had an Iowa State logo on my shirt and he struck up a conversation with me about the football program and the direction it was heading. We chatted about how Campbell seems to having things trending in the right direction, good recruiting, etc. Then he says "Hey, did you hear about Brody Teske?" Not really being in the know with wrestling, I just said that I knew he's the stud from Ft. Dodge and going to wrestle for Cael.

This is where I'm interested to hear what people that follow wrestling think...
He claimed that Teske is going to decommit from PSU and wants to go to Iowa State because Sanderson told him they wouldn't recruit anyone else at his weight. He claimed they are recruiting others at his weight and Teske doesn't like that they broke their word. I asked him how he heard that and he wouldn't say. Just that his source was "very reliable".

I hate to be "that guy" but i'm curious. Is any of that about recruiting others for the same weight even true? This guy was a big Iowa wrestling fan and I personally think he's probably full of it and just wanted to get a Cyclone fan all giddy... even though I have no deep passion for ISU wrestling. But I guess he was convincing enough for me (as someone who knows jack about wrestling) to post ha. Anyway, he's probably full of it but he seemed really confident in his source and thought it would become public within the next few weeks.

Like I said, I don't want to be the "I heard from my grandma's, hair dresser's, sister's, mechanic..." guy and I'm fully ready to take the heat from spreading the rumor... but I was just curious what people that know things thought.

I'm no wrestling insider so I can't offer any insight as to whether the rumor is true. Penn State is no longer recruiting; they're selecting. They're stocking elite talent at every weight so regardless of what Cael may have said, his actions say that he's going to take as many studs as he can get in the room. I don't know how the order of recruits fell, but I know Teske will have competition at 125..that's no secret. Now, if he told Teske one thing and did another, I can see where a kid might not like that.

The fact that Dresser's north central Iowa connections had us in the running for Teske is fairly common knowledge so we would be a logical landing spot for him if he's having second thoughts about PSU. IF that is in fact true, then the next question is how Cael handles it and whether or not Teske gets a release. This would be an opportune time for Cael to repay his alma mater for the way we treated him when he left in releasing Cyler and more importantly, David Taylor.

I agree that I won't get my hopes up, but this would be a huge get for ISU if it were somehow true.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I'm no wrestling insider so I can't offer any insight as to whether the rumor is true. Penn State is no longer recruiting; they're selecting. They're stocking elite talent at every weight so regardless of what Cael may have said, his actions say that he's going to take as many studs as he can get in the room. I don't know how the order of recruits fell, but I know Teske will have competition at 125..that's no secret. Now, if he told Teske one thing and did another, I can see where a kid might not like that.

The fact that Dresser's north central Iowa connections had us in the running for Teske is fairly common knowledge so we would be a logical landing spot for him if he's having second thoughts about PSU. IF that is in fact true, then the next question is how Cael handles it and whether or not Teske gets a release. This would be an opportune time for Cael to repay his alma mater for the way we treated him when he left in releasing Cyler and more importantly, David Taylor.

I agree that I won't get my hopes up, but this would be a huge get for ISU if it were somehow true.

So if Cael doesn't give a release (if this is true), does Teske lose an actual year or can he just redshirt that 1st year and still have 4 years left to wrestle?

• Disagree
Reactions: BillyClone

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
Yes. He could actually transfer at the semester and use his redshirt over 2 years. At least that is how the rules used to apply.

That said if he didn’t think he was getting competition at PSU 1) he is naive or 2) Cael is the greatest salesman of all time.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Teske has been on campus a lot recently (CRTC practices and he likes the team members) and I have heard he was looking at asking for a release from Penn State and signing with Iowa State since nationals. I also remember hearing that he actually wanted to come to Iowa State originally, but had pressure from family members to sign with Penn State. I am much more confident in my first statement than second, but that would possibly explain the excuse of others are being recruited at his weight (when he actually just wants out). Would be a great get though!

• Informative
Reactions: 6scrapper7

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
No idea if any of this is true, but PSU has committed the #3, #4 & #7 at 126 (Teske being #7) and the #2 at 132. However, I believe most of this was known at the time of his commitment which made it curious.

• Agree
Reactions: 6scrapper7

LincolnSwinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 10, 2008
A good friend of mine with good connections to PSU wrestling put out feelers. Unfortunately there’s no smoke at all from that side. Bummer.

Reactions: cyclone101

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
He committed and signed AFTER those kids. Zero truth to this at all. And, unfortunately, I don't think we were 2nd in the race for his services.

Reactions: cyclone101

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
He committed and signed AFTER those kids. Zero truth to this at all. And, unfortunately, I don't think we were 2nd in the race for his services.

I don’t believe this either, but who would we be second behind?

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
He's an Iowa fan so I'd guess he'll say anyone but us

Proof? I was branded this because I was one of the first to indentify KJ as a bad college wrestling coach. For some reason my opinion branded me an Iowa fan. Funny that now I've been proven right no one has acknowledged this.

It is my understanding Iowa was the runner up for his services. Wanted him to redshirt, then go at 125 the year following while Lee redshirts, then move up to 133. ISU made up a ton of ground and wouldn't have been in the picture under KJ. Dresser and Co deserve huge credit for us even being considered.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Proof? I was branded this because I was one of the first to indentify KJ as a bad college wrestling coach. For some reason my opinion branded me an Iowa fan. Funny that now I've been proven right no one has acknowledged this.

It is my understanding Iowa was the runner up for his services. Wanted him to redshirt, then go at 125 the year following while Lee redshirts, then move up to 133. ISU made up a ton of ground and wouldn't have been in the picture under KJ. Dresser and Co deserve huge credit for us even being considered.

Of course. Not a hawk fan though