Good IPA's?

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Only complaint is it isn't making me forget the game. In fact its making me more angry about it. Guess I'll have to keep drinking

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
The only Toppling Goliath I've had was disgusting. It was like chewing on some pine needles. Hops are overrated. A little can add to some beers but keep it simple. Was also not a fan of Confluences Des Moines IPA.

Just give me a good German Lager any day.
Everyone has their tastes. But this is specifically a thread about IPAs. And BTW, have you ever posted something positive about anything?

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I had this beer in Toronto years ago at a bar called Tallboys that only serves tallboy cans of beer brewed in Ontario (there are enough to have a bar full, around 50 at a given time). It is released every once in a while as a limited edition and it's a mix of an IPA and an English Ale. I thought it was interesting and the best beer I had on that trip. If you guys love beer, Toronto is a dream come true. Canada is really crushing the beer game.

Here is the description:

Wellington Brewery Terrestrial India Brown Ale - This unique beer strikes a beautiful balance of roasted malts and aromatic hops by bringing together the rich malt complexity of an English-style brown ale with 5 varieties of American-style hops: Chinook, Centennial, Cascade, Sorachi Ace, and Amarillo. Terrestrial India Brown Ale is dark mahogany brown in colour with a robust malt body and a pronounced bitter finish.

The label was cool too.

Reactions: CloneGuy8

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
I had a September Pompeii on Thursday, and it was delicious.

If they stay cold you can go way over two months, IMO

I'm probably a snob, but I usually don't go over 45 days with IPA's. Toppling Goliath I'll go to 60. Their packaging is better for whatever reason.

• Informative
Reactions: ArgentCy

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'm probably a snob, but I usually don't go over 45 days with IPA's. Toppling Goliath I'll go to 60. Their packaging is better for whatever reason.

A few years back, I had a Pompeii bomber hidden in the crisper drawer of a beee fridge. Was in there at least 6 months and was still pretty good.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Barntown's Firmly Entrenched IPA was good. RIP.

• Agree
Reactions: Tailg8er

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010

That is a pretty narrow window. Considering that the ones Ive were likely purchased on sale from HyVee they were almost certainly older. Just need to visit more tap rooms.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Just remember to drink the IPA last because anything you drink after that IPA may taste a little weird. Even other IPA's.

For beginners, I think they should always start with something like a Bell's Two Hearted or Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin. Then go over to a place like Barn Town and have a NEIPA and realize how different the styles are.

Last edited:

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
Elysian Space Dust IPA - very bitter clean though
Toppling Goliath Pompeii IPA - good switch up, like it a lot when I need a change
Boulevard The Calling IPA - probably the smoothest ipa Ive had
Squatters Hop Rising Double IPA - good drinker for all the time
Kalona Sucha Much- one o my favorites

these are all very high in alky so don't drink quick or to many

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron