Tom Manning to return?

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Did you read it? It talks about him being back after coaching for the Colts.

EDIT: I think someone is watching because I believe the updated coach's bio has been pulled down.
tenor.gif

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Here is what is actually going down.

Gasser is gone. No longer here.
Scheelhasse is still here, not going anywhere. He's been out the last few days recruiting.
Manning is coming back - they are finalizing details.

I wonder where Gasser is going and why. I wouldn't have thought he'd be the guy you make room with and there isn't really an obvious WR coach unless it's Gordon moving which would also kind of be a weird move since we don't really have a QB coach except for him. WR coach is kind of important because freshman has a lot of nuance to learn.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I think DM and Butler left early because they knew CMC was leaving this off-season.
I wouldn’t go that far. CMC stock is rising, he will leave for the right job when it opens up. Not sure what is “dumb” about that obvious prediction. It’s kinda similar to basketball when Hoiberg left, we had a guy as a possible replacement come back to the program. He didn’t get it but clearly the possibility was there and the writing was on the wall.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I wouldn’t go that far. CMC stock is rising, he will leave for the right job when it opens up. Not sure what is “dumb” about that obvious prediction. It’s kinda similar to basketball when Hoiberg left, we had a guy as a possible replacement come back to the program. He didn’t get it but clearly the possibility was there and the writing was on the wall.
The point is that Manning returning isn’t the writing on the wall. Manning returning isn’t a requisite for him to be a HC, particularly if he passed on being a NFL OL coach.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
The football scoop article says a WV defensive coach is coming too. Who’s leaving on defense.

• Informative
Reactions: isufbcurt

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Huge for us, but I have a feeling it’s because he knows the HC spot will open up soon giving him a shot at the job in a year or two.

Ehh...there’d be plenty of people I’d look to before manning as a head coach.

This could just be that he realized he’d rather coach college than pro.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Football Scoop is reporting on this so it's happening.

Manning in as OC.
Gasser out to "explore opportunities elsewhere"
Scheelhaase to running backs.

Other Staff News per this link:
West Virigina safeties coach Matt Caponi is joining the ISU staff too. Former Mount Union player just like Campbell and Manning. Experience is defensive backs and safeties.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Football Scoop is reporting on this so it's happening.

Manning in as OC.
Gasser out to "explore opportunities elsewhere"
Scheelhaase to running backs.

Other Staff News per this link:
West Virigina safeties coach Matt Caponi is joining the ISU staff too. Former Mount Union player just like Campbell and Manning. Experience is defensive backs and safeties.

Scheelhaase to WRs. He had running backs last year.