Big 12 tourney thoughts/seeding

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Not trying to derail thread but thinking about heading to KC and have not been in a few years. If we play Baylor Thursday AM what will scalping price be for decent ( say sideline of lower bowl half way up) run? Any guesses?

Those are going to be pricey. Lower level half-way up is where the big donors for teams sit. Not a lot of those tickets end up with the scalpers.

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines
Those are going to be pricey. Lower level half-way up is where the big donors for teams sit. Not a lot of those tickets end up with the scalpers.

I don't think they'll be too bad, mainly because Kansas will be in the evening session on Thursday, and I get the sense a lot of Clone fans will be in wait and see mode, come down Friday if/when we win. Good seats in the lower bowl do fetch a premium, but I never buy them so have no idea what that might be!

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
This might be a big assumption, but if KU ends up the 2 or 3 seed in the night session, how much would it cost to scalp tickets to the morning session assuming we end up in the 4/5 game? I know KSU would drive the prices up a bit, but could you get in the building for cheap for that morning session Thursday?

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
This might be selfish of me to think, but I’d almost rather texas jump us in the standings, and have us finish 6th if we can’t move up past the 4th place spot. We would play KU at 8 pm on Thursday instead of dreaded baylor at 11 am on Thursday. I think KU is a better matchup for us personally. Just wondered what others thoughts are on the subject!

You wanna finish 6th behind Texas now? Wow, just wow, if that actually happens this will be the most disappointing season I can remember.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
This might be a big assumption, but if KU ends up the 2 or 3 seed in the night session, how much would it cost to scalp tickets to the morning session assuming we end up in the 4/5 game? I know KSU would drive the prices up a bit, but could you get in the building for cheap for that morning session Thursday?

Eh, depends where you want to sit. KSU fans struggle to go to big 12 but might be better this year... and ISU will have a so/so crowd... your not going to break the bank unless you want to sit front row.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Eh, depends where you want to sit. KSU fans struggle to go to big 12 but might be better this year... and ISU will have a so/so crowd... your not going to break the bank unless you want to sit front row.

If KSU fans don't come this year, they never will. They're usually a solid 3rd in representation. The chance of a KU rematch has to have them salivating.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
At Baylor: lost 73-70; out rebounded 33-28, offensive RBs 10-4. FTs, them 17-20, us 7-8.
Home: lost 73-69; out rebounded 44-28, offensive RBs 18-8 (yeah, that wasn't good).

Not quite as bad, in hindsight, especially considering the FT differential in the 1st game. Lets just score 74 and we'll be good!

• Informative
Reactions: FarmClone

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
I rather doubt that K-State or Texas Tech fans have given the tournament much thought one way or the other. Their thoughts are about a banner to hang in the rafters. Unless both lose Saturday, the KU streak is over!

• Winner
Reactions: surly

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
Well after last night ISU is locked into the 4/5 11 am game. Make sure to get there early. Hit up Kelly's the night before and Taps on main after the game for $2 Busch lights!

egunzy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 16, 2008
Humeston, IA
I bought 2 lower level tickets today in section 111, row 20. This is on the end behind the hoop but it's a really good view. Sat in the same row on the opposite side of the arena on Friday and Saturday in 2016 and I thought they were great seats. With all the fees and taxes I gave $72/each for the tickets this year. Have to think prices will only go up especially if K State grabs the 1 seed.

D

Deleted member 8507

For the Big 12 tourney, looks like it doesn't matter what we do in our last two games. We are in the 4-5 game against the loser of KU - BU. Best case, we start playing better, win the last two, BU beats KU and we are the #4 and KU is #5. Worst case, we lose both games, KU beats BU making us the #5 and BU #4.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Wtf does this mean????? So all you guys would rather finish 6th behind Texas????? Way to support your team guys.
It was your "it would be the most disappointing season I can remember" comment. But you already knew that.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
So we will get the loser of the KU and BU game on Saturday. Then if we can beat either KU or BU on Thursday we get TT or KSU on Friday. I predict a very disappointed group of fanatics or one helluva party down in KC.

So the range of win/loss going into the NCAAs will be from 20-12 to 25-9. I wonder how much seed difference this would make. We would be 3-7 in the last 10 to 7-3 in the last 10. With so few games left that is a crazy swing. Could we be seeded as low as 9th with the former and as high as 3rd with the latter?

My normally optimistic self is kind of down right now but will predict that we finish 22-11, this counts on splitting this week's games and winning the first in KC. I think 22-11 gets us a 6th seed.

Last edited: