Give me your most unpopular take about Iowa State

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Steve Leath was a very good president for this university.

Steve Leath could raise money, but he seems to be a pretty douchey sh*tty person. Or maybe entitled is just a better way to describe him.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
1. Uniform discussions are worthless and stupid. It’s weird to care about it.

2. Beer should never be sold in jack trice.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Was in Madison, WI over the weekend. Yeah ISU's campus town is a dingleberry on the tail of dog. There street system is a freaking nightmare compared to Ames though!!

you figure it out pretty quickly. Better college town than Ames for sure. And the campus is equally pretty........if not more so.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
So was Home Team pizza, for those that are old enough to remember it. Home of the "create-a-coupon" deal.

"Home Team, what can I get you?"
"Yeah, I've got a coupon for 3 large pizzas with unlimited toppings and bread sticks for 7 dollars."
"7 dollars each or total?"
"Total"
"Ok."
"Wait wait, it also says I get another medium pizza free..."
"...and a two liter of Coke"
"For 7 dollars?"
"Yeah"
"Okay, just give the coupon to the driver"
"It's an online coupon"
"Alright, whatever"

As long as you gave a decent tip, those guys didn't give a ****. Great for after the bars closed down and nobody in your group had any money left.

The one that was briefly in North Ames was good. Black Market or something like that?

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
So was Home Team pizza, for those that are old enough to remember it. Home of the "create-a-coupon" deal.

"Home Team, what can I get you?"
"Yeah, I've got a coupon for 3 large pizzas with unlimited toppings and bread sticks for 7 dollars."
"7 dollars each or total?"
"Total"
"Ok."
"Wait wait, it also says I get another medium pizza free..."
"...and a two liter of Coke"
"For 7 dollars?"
"Yeah"
"Okay, just give the coupon to the driver"
"It's an online coupon"
"Alright, whatever"

As long as you gave a decent tip, those guys didn't give a ****. Great for after the bars closed down and nobody in your group had any money left.
Was it Home Team that had the "Huger Huge"? It was essentially the size of a tractor tire.
I believe they delivered until like 5am or some **** like that. Poor drivers. One night (morning) some buddies and I ended up ordering 3 separate Huger Huge pizzas over the course of a few hours, got the same driver all 3 times. We were severely impaired and the whole thing was more than hilarious to us. I did give the guy a good tip the last time as I am pretty sure the first two times my buddies stiffed him.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
These... View attachment 64775
were better than these... (diarrhea green/gold pants with actual gold secondary stripe)
View attachment 64776

but these would make the best throwback.
View attachment 64777

The '77 throwbacks are Iowa State to the core and the best color combo we've ever had. The execution wasn't great because we were so limited as an athletic department at that point. If we updated those, they would be the best jerseys we've ever worn. Give me the "diarrhea green/gold pants" any day over the obnoxious yellow we have now. Our gold should be the gold of those helmets.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
You guys asked for unpopular: If I had to choose a college again coming out of high school, it wouldn't be Iowa State. Too much small-town culture.

That said, I'm OK with it and love being an ISU alum.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: runbikeswim

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Honestly, I call them both. Whatever pops in my brain first is what I call it.

Well then you are wrong roughly 1/2 the time.

For real, google image search each and tell me I am wrong.
Disclaimer: I am not to be held responsible for any horrible images you see. I saw nothing bad.

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I would take baseball over wrestling any day of the week

I grew up in ames and loved going to the games when I was a kid.. part of the reason I liked going was because I got to interact with ISU basketball and Football players, they were the only other ones in the stands. We didn't support our baseball team when we had one.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
The grass playing field at Jack Trice is terrible when it gets cold. Replace it with artificial turf grass
This is an awful take and you should be ashamed of it. Or field wins award for best natural grass field in college football, and the grounds crew is one of the best in the country.