NFL: Pacman Jones Suspended Indefinitely

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
This is why Dallas drafted two corners and held onto Alan Ball.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
In the last two days, the Cowboys have lost Romo for a month, Felix Jones for probably a month, Mat McBriar for the season, Sam Hurd for the season, and Pacman is out at least four games.

And before that, don't forget Dallas is already missing Newman and the offensive line is banged up.

Full team implosion in 3...2...

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
This is why Dallas drafted two corners and held onto Alan Ball.

And hence, they should not have made the deal. I'll stand by that whether he plays again this year or not. The team does not need guys like him. Simply don't need it.

Dallas is very week in discipline, both on and off the field. A recipe for disaster.

Paging Mr. Cowher...

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
Anyone who didn't see this coming a mile off is just kidding themselves. I think it's really amazing that there's all this hype and fuss over a guy who's had 2 woefully average years in the NFL. If Roger Goddell had any sense, any at all, he'd throw Adam "Pacman" Jones into the gutter and never look back. He threw this guy a rope by reinstating him and he hung himself with it, good riddance.

Reactions: cycloneworld

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm not sure a top notch coach could help the Cowboys right now. That many injuries are too hard to overcome.

I'm not talking this year. And I'm not saying Wade needs to be canned. The injuries are not his fault.

But I will put this softness I see from the team on him. If he can't get Dallas headed back in the right direction, I would fully support his departure in favor of Cowher - 100%. It's the exact style of coaching/management this team needs.

A guy that can relate to players (Wade) but at the same time keep a firm grasp on discipline (Parcells).

On a somewhat related note, the talks between Dallas and Detroit for WR Roy Williams are getting a bit hotter with just under 60 minutes before the trade deadline.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
The bottom line on ESPN just said that Dallas is discussing a trade with Detroit for WR Roy Williams. The trade deadline is today, but I'm not sure what time.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Anyone who didn't see this coming a mile off is just kidding themselves. I think it's really amazing that there's all this hype and fuss over a guy who's had 2 woefully average years in the NFL. If Roger Goddell had any sense, any at all, he'd throw Adam "Pacman" Jones into the gutter and never look back. He threw this guy a rope by reinstating him and he hung himself with it, good riddance.

Agreed. If you get arrested 7 times (or whatever it was) in 12 months...that isn't bad luck, it's bad decision making.

Even after getting ANOTHER chance, he blows it. Hopefully Dallas cuts him.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
The bottom line on ESPN just said that Dallas is discussing a trade with Detroit for WR Roy Williams. The trade deadline is today, but I'm not sure what time.

4pm eastern. A ton of chatter on both team's boards. It's been going on for weeks now, actually months. Dallas made a play for him in the spring - Detroit wanted Ware and Jerry busted a gut.

Now, the price seems to have dropped. Will see if it has dropped enough. Would love to get him. Williams>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cratyon.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
But I will put this softness I see from the team on him. If he can't get Dallas headed back in the right direction, I would fully support his departure in favor of Cowher - 100%. It's the exact style of coaching/management this team needs.

I'll give you undisciplined because our penalties drive me nuts, but I don't agree with soft. Dallas plays a very physical brand of football, and I think we have Bill Parcells to thank for that.

I like Wade Phillips, but I think this is his last year in Dallas without a Super Bowl appearance.