NFL: Pacman Jones Suspended Indefinitely

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I'll give you undisciplined because our penalties drive me nuts, but I don't agree with soft. Dallas plays a very physical brand of football, and I think we have Bill Parcells to thank for that.

I like Wade Phillips, but I think this is his last year in Dallas without a Super Bowl appearance.

Soft really isn't the best word, I'll give you that. But poor discipline doesn't fully cover it either. Dallas just doens't seem to really care too much during the game.

And I can't say the offensive line has been playing all that physical at any point this season, or late last season for that matter.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Yeah, but if it's just Dallas that cuts him loose that give another stupid team the chance to say "Oh, it'll be different this time." If Goodell says it, he's done. I'd rather he just go away.

I couldn't care less, so long as he's no longer causing issues in Dallas. Let the Giants/Eagles/Redskins sign him.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Roy Williams?? Why would they want Roy Williams? Has he ever done anything?

Because their only really good WR is TO, who is getting older, and Roy Williams is very good. He's one of the few Detroit first rounders of the last eight years who hasn't been a bust.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I think he set some kind of record with 7 drops+ in a game the other day.

His attitude is terrible too. He pouts when he doesn't get the ball. He pouts when the throw isn't exactly where he wants it.

Yet he drops 7 balls in one game.

I don't know how in the world him and TO would coexist...

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'm not talking this year. And I'm not saying Wade needs to be canned. The injuries are not his fault.

But I will put this softness I see from the team on him. If he can't get Dallas headed back in the right direction, I would fully support his departure in favor of Cowher - 100%. It's the exact style of coaching/management this team needs.

A guy that can relate to players (Wade) but at the same time keep a firm grasp on discipline (Parcells).

Unfortunately, as long as Jerry Jones owns the team, no Dallas head coach will have the kind of clout he needs to accomplish this. The Rooney family gave Cowher the reins and did not interfere. This is not something that Jerry Jones can do. And besides, Cowher will not be the next guy, even if he wanted to. That is Jason Garrett's team. Wade Phillips is just tending it at the moment.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
His attitude is terrible too. He pouts when he doesn't get the ball. He pouts when the throw isn't exactly where he wants it.

Yet he drops 7 balls in one game.

I don't know how in the world him and TO would coexist...

Eh, based on that - he's and TO are a perfect fit.

But I don't see that a ton in RW. If I'm a Lion, I'm pouting or whatever 100% of the time - it's complete debacle up there from top to bottom.

I'd welcome RW - just don't want to sell the farm to get him. It's a fact he'd be a significant upgrade over Crayton, Austin (who I really like), etc.

The Hurd injury from preseason really stinks. He could be having a nice impact right now. I think Hurd > Crayton.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I actually think Dallas has a good set of receivers, especially when you include TE. The problem in Dallas is not the receivers, the problem lies in both the offensive line and the defense. Dallas seems to be a lot of hype at the moment.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Mortinson said it was Williams for a 1st round pick

I think you're reading that wrong, no confirmation yet. Rumors are Detroit is about to send RW to Dallas or Philly for a first round pick.

No official report from Mort, Weder, etc.

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
It's not as if the Cowboy's have been having problem passing the ball, I don't get what that accomplishes. They're 3rd in the league in passing. They need to relegate Marion Barber to 3rd downs and short yardage, get the ball into Felix's hands more often. And find some DB's who know how to cover someone.

Irresponsible

Jul 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
Oh common Roger, he was just being "intoxication"

In the words of John F. Kennedy, the torch of self-destructive behavior and butchery of the language has been passed from Iron Mike Tyson to a new generation (PacMan Jones).

At the ceremony...

Tyson: "Please accept this award as an esteem of my appreciation. Praise be to Allah."

Jones: "Thanks, Iron. I don't know whether to be ecstatic or ludicrous."

Tyson: "It's cool. I'll just pass into Bolivian."

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron