Pollard: big announcement coming soon

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I think oak trees are a ways up the donation ladder. Might be best to set your sites on a shrubbery of some kind. Play your cards right, you can have a couple of them right by the CtownCyclone bench.
23e72e251b8e3a19a628a5dbceee8535.gif

Reactions: CtownCyclone

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
On the other hand, if I recall correctly the intramural renovations were something like $10M. Say this new development takes off and they want to do more in 15 years...you've gotten plenty of usefulness out of those renovations so that's not money wasted. You can always move them later. You just hope the leadership to make it happen is still in place.
Yeah, it’s not prohibitive, but I find it hard to not to see $10 million for rec fields that only give you 15 years as really bad planning. I just think to how hard it’s been to get $10 million needed projects done that actually had a ROI.

It’s exciting that it appears that the university and the AD may actually be removing some red-tape. We missed out on the decades on public, university money directly paying for arms race infrastructure buildouts, but there are win-win, responsible ways that university spending could help enhance the game day environment imo. No doubt the Hawkeye power bloc in DSM would challenge what I’m alluding to, meanwhile they **** contractors and nurses while playing in a stadium funded by the state.

• Agree
Reactions: Trice

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
How many auto parts stores are they planning on? The over/under is 4.

• Funny
Reactions: Acylum

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
If this gets approved (and it will) this will transform ISU athletics and Ames for that matter.. this will be absolutely incredible and man what it could do for recruiting

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
If this gets approved (and it will) this will transform ISU athletics and Ames for that matter.. this will be absolutely incredible and man what it could do for recruiting
Totally agree. If it's half as cool as the renderings, it's going to be amazing.

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
What stores/restaurants/bar types would you want to see in it?

I would like to see
Cy's lockeroom (of course)
Scheels
Hy-vee - smaller for gameday groceries
Casey's
Bar that does live music named People's
Bar with outdoor games.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
For those worried about what Ames restaurants and bars would think of ISU operating restaurants, JP said on KXNO that the area would be leased to a developer to manufacture to Iowa State's specifications. They would essentially sublet the bars, restaurants, and shops while the University collects the leasing revenue. It's fair game for any current business to relocate if they worry about losing business.

He also said they are seeing what the Green Bay Packers do with their new Title Town area that is very similar to what is proposed at ISU since they have the same winter weather (if not worse) than ISU. They hope to learn what is working as far as year round utilization and apply to this new district.

As far as parking and tailgating go, JP said he is not at all worried about losing the tailgating atmosphere since this project will actually ADD spots. He said that currently they are using the prime property now (where the district would be in the future) for parking which can be moved east into the flood plain that can only really be used for parking so you might as well utilize it fully.

JP and the athletic department did their homework. If this happens, it is going to be a game changer for Iowa State and Central Iowa.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

I would like to see
Scheels
Casey's
Bar with outdoor games.

Obviously a cy's locker room.

Bars\Restaurants (i hear there's an ISU alum that founded a national chain...) I would hope that these buildings are built in such a way that these bars can have rooftop space. That would be a great alternative on gameday for those that don't want to set up a tailgate but would still like to be outdoors taking in the atmosphere

Looks like a movie theater is part of it, and probably a good add for ames.

I could see Dave and Buster's putting a location here.

Last edited:

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009

I would like to see
Scheels
Casey's
Bar with outdoor games.
I saw a rooftop bar overlooking Jack Trice in the video. This needs to happen.

Also could see a small movie theater, an ISU Athletics show place kind of like the Iowa Hall of Pride, maybe some Iowa based fast food place (maid rite?). This is so awesome to speculate where they will go with this project.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Could not agree more.

It'll all depend on what they hear from prospective tenants. If they reach out and some pieces are ready to go (such as the hotel, which may already be on board) those pieces could move rather quickly

Help Support Us

Become a patron