Tiger King on netflix

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
If there is such a thing as an award for most perfectly timed release dates for tv content, Netflix may have won the all time award for Tiger King.
It's the documentary Gotham deserves.

2020 is going to remembered for many things, and Tiger King is definitely one of them. I had no interest in it, and had to be convinced to watch the first episode. But once Joe Exotic sinks his claws into your consciousness, you cannot look away.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
It was basically a waste of time.

What I found interesting is the fact that literally no one felt Joe shouldn't be in prison for a long time. He had no supporters left. I think the documentary successfully created a narrative that Joe was kind of railroaded in this whole legal process, which he may have been. But those close to him did not seem to agree and seemed to feel he was where he belonged.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
What I found interesting is the fact that literally no one felt Joe shouldn't be in prison for a long time. He had no supporters left. I think the documentary successfully created a narrative that Joe was kind of railroaded in this whole legal process, which he may have been. But those close to him did not seem to agree and seemed to feel he was where he belonged.
I don’t think the narrative is he didn’t do terrible things. I think the narrative is he is the only one in jail when a significant amount of them should be in jail.

I think maybe you are combining the idea that he is sympathetic in the sense that he needed help and didn’t receive it with the idea that other people should be in jail.

He absolutely did stuff that should land him in jail. At the same time I personally don’t think he conspired to murder Carole.

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
91999420_10156763132442167_6226010714272694272_n.jpg
Feel like Joe is more of a Council bluffs kinda guy, but all in all pretty accurate

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014

That’s because he took the fall for all of them. Of course they’re going to distance themselves from all of it.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I don’t think the narrative is he didn’t do terrible things. I think the narrative is he is the only one in jail when a significant amount of them should be in jail.

I think maybe you are combining the idea that he is sympathetic in the sense that he needed help and didn’t receive it with the idea that other people should be in jail.

He absolutely did stuff that should land him in jail. At the same time I personally don’t think he conspired to murder Carole.

I find myself disappointed that his attempt to kill her didn't succeed.

I really hope that Trump does right and pardons him.