• Yes

Votes: 62 63.3%
  • No

Votes: 36 36.7%

• Total voters

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Does any care about the Cy-hawk series? We all make a big deal about the ISU/Iowa match ups, but do we care about the series as a whole or do we just like some of the match-ups?

We can lose all the big match-ups (Wrestling, MBB, WBB) and still win the series this year. So the question is, would you whether win in the popular three and lose in the series; or would you whether win the series no matter how we do it, even if it means losing in the popular three?

FYI- the very last event (Softball) may decide who wins this year's series.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I personally only really care about football, MBB, WBB, and wrestling. In that order for this series. Other than that it's just another way to say we beat Iowa in something.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
If we won football and basketball I wouldn't care about any of the others.

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
Like any other school we play, I don't care if it is intramural Chinese Checkers or Co-ed thumb wrestling, I want to win!!!! So we have the Hy-Vee Cy-Hawk, let's kick their butt in anything and everything.

Z

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007
I think it is an important contest, as long as we win.

If we don't win, it is really a meaningless contest that no one cares about.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Like a playoff series, it doesn't start until the road team wins. The winner has always gone to the home football, basketball (both) school. It would be cool to win in an "off" year but until it happens it's pretty predictable. I like our basketball teams' chances.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Only in the mannaer that if we win that it means we probably beat Iowa in at least one or two of the major events. (FB, MBB or Wrestling) Also, the way I look at it is the better we are in the "other sports" the less of a financial drag they will be on the "major sports". For example: I love the fact that our WBB has great attendance. That means they need less subsidy from the overall athletic budget. That means more $$$ for FB and MBB!!!

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
Really just care about the big sports. Didn't we get a win in Cross Country or something at an invitational in a different state vs. beating Iowa head to head? I just think that takes some of the direct competition out of the Cy-Hawk trophy if we don't beat them head to head, but due to scoring better.

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
It doesn't matter what sport it is - I'm pretty happy if we beat the Hawks. I may not care as much if we lose to them in swimming & diving versus FB or BB, but I still care.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
I'd don't care about this series at all. I care about football, men's b-ball and wrestling. Give me the real Cy-Hawk trophy - the ugly one.

cloneaholic

Apr 20, 2006
We just split with them in cross-country last weekend. Our men finished ahead of theirs, but their women finished ahead of ours (but that will change next year!).

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Another thing, out of all the events there are only 3 events scheduled to be held in Ames...Every other event excluding cross country which was held in stillwater, ok will be held in Iowa City

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Does Iowa get automatic points for things like baseball and men's swimming?

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
No, but each school gets 2 extra points if their student athletes GPA is above national average- which caters more toward ISU.

Does it really? I don't really know where to look for numbers, but it'd be interesting to see where we rank against other schools

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron